Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Default Underwater iPod Shuffle... WOW!!

For those who swim or work out in the water... run in the rain, etc. --- wow oh wow.

I just bought an underwater iPod shuffle from Underwater Audio. Loaded it up and took it to the pool. Did three straight hours (except for one short "pit stop") of vigorous water dancing and still was enjoying it. Two women in the pool came up to me and asked where I got it.

It is so tiny and I could attach it right to the shoulder of my swimsuit... I used the short cord (there is also an extension) and did even have to wear goggle, which I hate. Extremely easy to use

I love this thing!!!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 02-23-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

How much was it? I'd love one of those.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #3  

The iPod itself was $150 and I bought it with the option of including two different headsets for a total of $175. It i fully waterproofed... you don't have to keep it in any type of case. They also shipped it free by Priority Mail.

I liked the first headset I tried so much that I probably will not use the second one. I have a hard time with earbuds as they will never stay in my ears -- but the headset I like has hard plastic that goes behind your head and over your ears so the earpieces cannot fall out. I tried it on with my snorkel and mask, and it worked that way too.

I was also totally impressed with the customer service of the company. At first my iPod did not seem to be charging on my laptop. I emailed them and got a very fast, helpful response. I ended up buying a charger that plugs into a wall outlet and plugging the iPod cord into that and it charged right up... then worked great on my computer. It probably would have charged on the computer had I left it longer; just did not seem to be getting the lights and I would prefer the wall outlet one anyway.

What I really like about it too is that it is so simple to use. I set it on "shuffle" so that it randomly picks songs from your list and plays them. But it was so simple that I could move through the songs, volume, etc., just by touch and without my glasses once I had "memorized" the location of the button/s.

This is one of my best buys ever!!!!

I am going to post a link...hope it is okay to do so in this case. What I got is called the "Mega Bundle" -- and the purple iPod.

http://www.underwateraudio.com/water...d-shuffle.html

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 02-23-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Very cool!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
I have a waterproof arm band for my regular ipod nano. I love it.
Great idea!!! Wonder where I could get one of those.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #6  
Makin' it happen

S/C/G: 296/198/150

Height: 5'4

I am soooo getting one of these! In fact, I think I will make it one of my rewards for reaching a mini-goal. I won't need it until this summer, because we have an outdoor pool so I've got to wait for it to get warm before working out in it. I love this! I always take music out with me, but now I won't have to worry about disturbing the neighbors, lol.
onagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #7  

Good idea to use it for a reward. And it makes the workout so much fun! I was planning to take a break day today but just could not wait to get back into the pool so worked an hour and a half.