General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 08:55 AM   #1  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Thumbs down The Plan - Fall Edition

The plan is what you decide to do to enhance your health and help you lose weight. We've tried a bunch of them on our friendly journey as diet buddies. WW, Atkins, What would Jesus eat, Tops, Prevention Millennium diet, Body For Life, BRx, South Beach. Collectively you could say we are "experienced dieters". Nothing to brag about for sure, but we do have fun, so feel free to join in.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:08 AM   #2  
Chick

Morning girls, finally the weekend. I need to stay in my house paying bills, cleaning, and then some more cleaning, grading, etc. Oh, and not to forget, exercising. I just totally let it go this week and my goal is to get it back next week.

Last edited by ledom; 10-04-2003 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:42 AM   #3  

Angry Sunday morning...

Went to a wedding yesterday. My girlfriend's son got married. Had a wonderful time. They had a DJ that played very diverse music which was nice. He even played some of the "oldies". We actually did the "twist" and I am able to move this morning. This girlfriend is the one who I hadn't seen in 40 yrs. and she came to my Dad's wake. DH & I did not know a soul at this wedding, except for my friend. We figured we'd be at a back table at the reception and at an appropriate time after eating, we'd leave. Well....we were sitting right up front with the parents of the groom and a few of their friends. Needless to say we stayed to the end and glad that we did.

ledom, how was the bill paying? I have to get with the exercise too, I was slack this past week also. I have a problem getting back to it when I slack off.

judi, how are you doing?

Hi Cheryl

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:57 PM   #4  

Talking Yea! A new thread!!

I am heading South today! I start my new job tomorrow!

I came by my brother's house today so I could catch up and say hey!

Ledom--I'm glad you started a new thread!! That other one sure was getting long..... Isn't this weather we're having GREAT! I wanted to go fishing so badley today!

Alice--wish I could've seen you doing the twist! Bet you were cool!

Hey Judi-poo! Hope you're doin' well! Hope the future in-laws are well

Later! Cheryl
Old 10-06-2003, 07:02 AM   #5  
Chick

Good morning everyone. Best of luck to you Cheryl as you begin your new job in your new home. How exciting to start in a whole new environment. Yes the weather is great, I am glad to see the rain though because we need it here.

alice, that wedding sounds like so much fun. That is so neat how you have reconnected with an old friend.

How you be judi? Anything exciting going on?

Friday I leave for my 23 mile wilderness paddle down the Buffalo. Think we might have some rain then but I hope not. It is the full moon weekend and it'd be nice to see it.

Got another busy week ahead of me. I started it off right though. Did not hit snooze this a.m., but got up at 5 and did my chest training. Will also get in a 1 mile walk before work today.

Hope everyone is geared up for a good week.

Last edited by ledom; 10-06-2003 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:35 AM   #6  

Angry Monday....

Cheryl, I wish you all the best in your new job, and your new place to live. You must be very excited with starting things anew.
Can't wait to hear about it.

ledom, glad that you have had such a productive morning. I kind of overslept this morning. It was one of those nights that Lacee wanted to be let out in the middle of the night, then when I got back to bed I tossed and turned for a few hrs. Your kayaking trip sounds so exciting. Will this be another camping trip or a day trip?

Hey judi, how are you?

Have a good day.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:33 PM   #7  
Chick

Hi everyone - Well my kayak float got canceled due to low rain fall. The river is too low and would require a lot of draggiing of the boat. I think I might camp out here on the local lake. At least Fri. night for the full moon. I have never camped alone before, but I think I might be up for it. It is so pretty out now w/ the leaves starting to change colors.

I have been having a good diet/workout week so far. I have set a little mini goal to reach for my birthday. Hopefully I can stay focused on that.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:58 AM   #8  

Default Tues. evening

Hi y'all! Sounds like everyone is doing good...especially that twisting Alice! I think if I twisted I would really twist something.

Leaves are turning! Aren't they nice!

Best wishes on your mini goal Ledom, you will do it.

Cheryl, let us know how the trip south was and the what you think about the new job.

My D. has been phoning me and then it doesn't matter what I say she gets offended and hangs up...it is like walking on egg shells all the time except I keep crashing thru the eggs no matter what I say or do

Just gaining and losing the same few pounds...nothing much new here.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:18 AM   #9  
Chick

Hey judi- it's so good to hear from you. Chin up!!! Is DH & Estaban home now?

Yesterday was Brody's surgery to be neutered. As neccessary as it was, I still hated it for him. He seems fine, maybe a little tired.

Well I slept late so I need to get busy doing my workout. Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:36 AM   #10  

Angry Good morning,

We are having such delightful weather. It's been sunny and in the mid 70's. We are starting to see some color, but usually this upcoming weekend we are at peak foliage. But, this year we are nowhere near that. I am wondering if maybe the humid/damp summer has something to do with it.

ledom, sorry your trip was canceled, it sounded like it would be a fun trip. Camping by a lake sounds like fun especially this time of year. Have a wonderful time. I agree with judi, you will make your mini goal by your birthday. How is Brody this morning?

judi, you walking on egg shells with your D is probably due to her hormones. Just hang in there.

Cheryl, hope the move went smoothly.

Have a good day!
Old 10-09-2003, 08:24 AM   #11  
Chick

Default Good morning,

Little Precious is back to his normal self it seems. This has to be the sweetest cat I have ever had. When he sits in my lap he lays his head over on my arm and sometimes he wraps his tail around my arm. It feels like a hug. He is by far the most affectionate of the 3 cats.

Alice, our foliage is just starting to be really pretty. I am definitley camping this weekend.

judi, I wish I had advice to offer you. What does DH say? I might have to tell her that she is making me feel bad and to QUIT IT! I'm kinda childlish that way, but she needs to be sweet to her Mama. You have feelings too. I believe I'd let her make all the moves toward commuinication for a while. Maybe there is a gentle way to somehow get the point across to her that she needs to straighen up.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:49 PM   #12  

Default good morning!

Yeah, I hope it is harmones

Weather here has taking a cold rainy dip...though for a change this doesn't bother, I had such a nice summer so I can weather (pun) a change.

I went to have some blood tests to see if I have diabetes. I am so sleepy all the time and it is in our family, so it was something I thought I should check out.

Yes, the DH and cat are home. Both are busy doing their own things...the DH is building an office downstairs and doing Hebrew, the cat is doing his thing. Faithful Marley, is the guy who is keeping tabs on me and what I am doing at all times.

Yesterday I found a recipe for some sweet sticky squares from the sixties and made them, they are so unlike anything we eat now that I had some scrapings from the bottom of the pan and froze them. They can be part of the cookies for Christmas, which is only 2 months away. Can you believe that??

Glad to hear Brody is feeling OK.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:55 AM   #13  

Angry TGIF!!!

The weather here has been so fantastic!! Yesterday I had the sunroof in my car open all the way...then I was afraid a bee would get in so then partially opened it. I am not a big fan of any type of bug

There will be a lot of people around this weekend closing up their summer cottages. Also one of the last, if not oldest, fair is going on this weekend. We won't be venturing very far because of the crowds. So, we'll get a lot of our errands done today.

judi, want to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving on Monday and hope you have a very nice time at the home of the other grandparents/possibly in-laws.

ledom, hope you have a fantastic long holiday weekend and a wonderful time camping. Tell us all about the camping trip when you get back.

Cheryl, how did you first day on the job go? Do you have Monday off? One place I worked used this holiday as a floater so that we could have the day after Thanksgiving off. That worked out nice. Have a great holiday weekend.

Enjoy your day!
Old 10-12-2003, 02:27 AM   #14  

Default Sat. night around midnight

Alas, I won't be going to the inlaws because of the kafuffle with my D....she sent them a note saying we weren't coming. I couldn't take the sniping from her anyway I was looking forward to meet them too, I hope they won't thinks were a**es but if they do there is nothing to do but live with it. Thanks for your good wishes though, Alice, you are so sweet and that is appreciated right now.

Its ok, we will go to mass on Thanksgiving Day and after go to our favourite sushi place.

It is mega-raining here! Our summer people have gone but I think a lot more people have moved to the island, I noticed a real increase in ferry traffic.

I ordered some Christmas cards and a new 2004 calendar on line. It won't be that long now. 2 1/2 months! WOW!

Hope you are having fun camping Ledom.

Have a good and peaceful Sunday everyone!
Old 10-12-2003, 07:24 AM   #15  

Angry Sunday,

judi, I am so sorry that you won't be goint to the prospective in-laws for Thanksgiving. I don't imagaine they will think you are a##es. Maybe it will be for the best to keep a little distance from your D for awhile and let her come to you when she's ready. At least you will be doing something fun on your holiday. Enjoy your sushi! Will your favorite priest be conducting mass?

Has all the rain you've been having helped with the drought? We're having delightful weather, sunny and in the 70's. Perfect Indian Summer weather. We do have a lot of summer people around this weekend. Sat. morning we went out rather early to get some errands done. Within the past couple of days our foliage has started to pop out. Some of the colors are very vibrant. It was late in coming this year.

Christmas seems to be coming way too soon. My cousin, who vacations here in the summer, and I will be making a trip to NYC with a tour group the first weekend in Dec. That is fast approaching too.

ledom, hope you are having a good time.

Cheryl, how are the new digs?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Closed Thread