Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Default I can do so much more!!!

Besides all my extra weight, I have degenerative arthritis in one hip... so getting rid of 79 pounds (so far) has made a huge difference in what I can do. One neat way I saw this was last week. We have a community dinner at church once a month, and I bring home the tablecloths to wash. After the dinner I always tried to get up and remove the tablecloths and shake them out in the trash can but by that time of evening my hip would give out completely and I would have severe back pain; would have to keep going to sit down.

The last couple of times I have been able to jump up, start grabbing tablecloths and helping clean off the tables and get the job done! I went over to my two close friends to tell them how neat this was and they laughed and said they had already commented on how much I was able to do now.

It's so much more FUN being physically able to do more. A couple of years ago I actually was having to use a walker and two canes. Now I just go out and do things (although because of hip I do still have to use canes for walking long distances, which I could not do at all before!)

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 02-21-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #2  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Oh Misti - that is so great! that extra weight can really drag us down and hold us back in so many ways that we don't even think about.
It's such a wonderful blessings to rejoice in the simple things in life ...that have major quality of life impact!
Your Light Shines through your posts.

Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Misti, thank you so much for sharing your significant improvement in your mobility as a result of losing weight. I, too, have arthritis and know what you mean about having to be looking for a spot to sit down and being very limited in what I could do. This gives me such hope for seeing improvements once I get a LOT more weight off. Congratulations on seeing such a big quality of life improvement.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #4  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Brilliant! So great to be able to do more!
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #5  

Awesome Misti!! It's things like that which make us keep going! I told my husband just last night that I am so happy my back pain is gone (knock on wood!) and it has to be directly related to losing 100lbs. I think my back walks with me every day saying "thank you, thank you, thank you!".

Love reading your posts!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #6  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

This is brilliant, congratulations!!

I think, as nice as it is being able to fit into smaller clothes etc, the best thing about losing weight is that it just seems to get more awesome being alive. In so many little ways that add up to so much

When I was 212, my knees hurt going down stairs. I thought I'd be stuck with that forever, but the other day I noticed I ran down the stairs with no problem at all! I didn't expect these things to be the most important, but they really are.

Congrats again on your seriously improved quality of life! I wish you all the continued success in the world *hugs*
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote