View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #75
Arabella
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Crash. Burn. Day 1

What happened yesterday? I was extra hungry and have extra work pressures, was tired. Whatever -- I ate enough lunch for two people, topped it with chocolate. Ate enough dinner for two people, and did it sitting on the couch watching a movie. And then, inevitably, didn't sleep well, my brain torturing me. Ah well. Onward. Day 1. I feel newly resolved.

They're calling for rain, freezing rain and snow today, all of which we've had plenty of in the past few days. I'm going to have my steel-cut oats with yogurt and then get out for a walk. Despite everything, I don't feel as tired today as I did yesterday. Seriously, I was so sleepy at suppertime yesterday I should have just gone to bed. Instead, I ate too much and then worked too late. Will I ever get to the point that I give me what I need instead of denying myself and trying to make it up with food? I will continue to try.

Amarantha, I also find potatoes a helpful substitute for wheat-based items. Your breakfast sounds really good, and like something that would be a good lunch or dinner, too. I just made an Indian relish last month for the first time that people online had described as an Indian-spiced version of pico de gallo, which I'd never had before. It was fabulous and I'll make it again.

Welcome back, Wildfire! It never ceases to amaze me the way trips are ahead for such a long time and then so quickly disappearing in the rear-view mirror. Nope, not enough hours in the day.

Whatever hours we have today, Queenlies, let's make the most of them. Huzzah!

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Arabella : 02-20-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote