View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
mumbleram

S/C/G: 250/240/150

Height: 5"2'

Many people are allergic to raw fruits and vegetables. I am allergic to many things among raw fruits and vegetables. I went to a allergist to "see" exactly what I was allergic to. Low and Behold, I was allergic to many many things. The 'cure' is supposed to be allergy shots for like 5 years of my life. I have been doing the allergy shots and the allergist has said that the raw food allergy could potentially go away or get better because of the shots. I've been getting the shots almost 3 years now and I still have the allergy. BTW, these raw food allergies are not feared to get worse, but any peanut or tree nut allergy, CAN get worse and cause life threatening issues. So if your raw food allergy is the only thing that bothers you, then I'd say steam or cook them, or just stay away, but if you have other airborne allergies, go see an allergist. If you find yourself getting an allergic reaction to peanuts or tree nuts, STOP eating them. Also carry an EpiPen with you as many things are made with or around peanuts.
mumbleram is offline   Reply With Quote