Old 02-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Question Food Obsessions/Aversions?

Hopefully i'm not the only one, but does anyone go through "food phases" where you can't get enough of a particular (IP approved) food? Or the complete opposite, where something you were enjoying now disgusts you? I try to vary my packets, natural protein and veggies as much as possible, but there are days where i just can't stomach certain things. Right now the thought of broccoli or a chicken noodle soup (it's to the point i want to get rid of them) packet turns my stomach, when before i could eat it at every meal if i let myself. On the opposite end of things, all i want to eat is kale chips, turnips and the ProtiDiet bacon and cheese omelet.

Maybe i'm just strange, but the thought occurred to me today that maybe i'm not alone...
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #2  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

My only aversions are the things I can't stomach, like most of the IP puddings.

My obsessions are the plain omelet mix made into egg fu yung, and the a la king mixed with my home made "salad soup" I could eat these and nothing else, I think. I'm getting kind of tired of chicken breasts, no matter how I cook them.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #3  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I do this all the time! Even before IP. I get hooked on a certain food, eat it a lot for a few weeks, then eventually can't stand the stuff. I was hooked on broccoli, and shrimp. Now the thought of either makes me gag. It'll pass in a few weeks, and I'll be able to eat them again. Right now I'm hooked on peppers, spinach, and tuna. Strange!! But you're definitely not alone!!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

I can't look at the soups or puddings right now.

Have my chocolate drink w/ coffee every morning and love my salt and vinegar crisps.

Getting sick of mushrooms. I can't barely look at zucchini, but made an amazing curry soup with the other day.
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #5  

obsessed with rutabaga fries!!! Im doing my best not to eat theme very day but I want them!!!! Broccoli is my "go to" veggie and I have had it with the green bushes !!! it is cyclical for me and I will move on but....someone bring me some rutabaga fries!!!!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #6  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I'm trying to mix up my food choices a bit but its tough when you find something you love. Right now for me I love the rutabaga fries and the fried rice (made from cauliflower). I've become sick of the 'Big Mac in a bowl' lately and regular steamed cauliflower I find I have to force it down. When it comes to the IP foods I'm sticking to certain ones I like....the bars, the chocolate or yogurt drinks and I love the puddings (the premade ones).
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #7  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I do this in general. I fall in love with something and then I get over it. This is one of the reasons I had to stop the protocol. The taste of the shakes and bars were making me gag. Anytime I would even smell the powder I would get nauseous. I tried switching it up but it didn't matter.

I'm trying to vary it from the start now. Hopefully it will go better, so I can get to my goal.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

So glad i'm not alone!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

After week three I couldn't stomach the texture of vegetables, then I started making purees. Now it's stand alone pudding, I now make muffins. Nice to know we're going through the same stuff.
AAAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #10  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Go through this all the time. For months I had the Wildberry yogurt drink for breakfast, now I've had one packet in my cupboard for the last 3 months without touching it.

Today I rediscovered a love for shrimp. I marinated it in some spices and then cooked it in my actifry - yum!

I used to eat roasted cauliflower once or twice a week but haven't in a few weeks now. I still eat it mashed or riced but not as often.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
My only aversions are the things I can't stomach, like most of the IP puddings.

My obsessions are the plain omelet mix made into egg fu yung, and the a la king mixed with my home made "salad soup" I could eat these and nothing else, I think. I'm getting kind of tired of chicken breasts, no matter how I cook them.
I got tired of the pudding too. I just took a chocolate one and shook it up with more water and heated it like hot chocolate. It was very good, so I'm glad to be able to use them up like that.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/160/140

Height: 5'3"

You're not alone! I think like with any food we all go through phases. When I was a kid my mom said all I would eat for lunch at school was ham and cheese sandwiches!
With IP I have my "fads" too. I was really into crispy cereal pancakes and rhubarb for a while.. a LOT. Another time I was eating omeletes like they were going out of style. Jicama was a staple every day for about 2 weeks straight! I think we go through cycles with our foods, get bored, and then decide to mix it up.
With IP I truly believe that our taste buds change and our bodies respond differently to different foods over time. Don't get rid of your packs unless you can trade them in, they're too expensive and who knows? Maybe one day they'll be good again
karcher is offline   Reply With Quote