Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 06:50 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#421

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Last edited by thinthinker; 10-05-2003 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:25 PM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Ok Thin where is your post?
Food is bad
I got my hair cut today and got a new cell phone plan.
I have unlimited calling all over the USA.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:31 PM   #3  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Barb, do I get to be the first to give you a Wahoo!!! Way to go!!! You have taken your weight loss very seriously, and it shows in that you didn't get all in the dumps with a slight gain and let it all go. I also love your attitude about the cruise and a possible gain there. You know it will come off, and you'd better enjoy putting it on!

Thanks for the sweet replies everyone. Thank you for the comments about being strong. Funny, but that isn't how I see myself. Maybe that is another area to look into healing.

Andria
Old 10-03-2003, 09:19 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy Nobody missed me at all.....

Well.... except for Barb. How depressing.

Just kidding! You were probably glad for all the peace and quite without my rambling posts! I have to tell you though, I have been SUPER busy lately. Of course you know, Monday...... I went to my WI and didn't get back till late, but I did post that day. Tuesday....... I had to run home like a madwoman, get Trey's football gear ready, get his homework done, dinner cooked and then off to the football fied. WHICH, I might mention went awesome! Trey's team won 16-0 and HE kicked the extra points for both touchdowns! Now, let me tell you WHY that thrills me so much. #1. At this level, most teams do not kick. To be perfectly honest, no team we have ever faced (and we have faced all 6, so far) have kicked. It is just much easier after a touchdown to try and run in the extra point. #2. At this level, kicking is considered so difficult (ya know, for little kids) that running in after the touchdown only gets you one point instead of two. (like in regular football) KICKING gets you two! Sooo, the other night, Trey was just fooling around kicking the ball after practice and his coach noticed that he had a pretty good kicking leg and asked dh to practice with him abit, and the next thing you know..... BOOM! He was kicking the extra points after the touchdowns. It was really funny sitting in the stands..... you should have heard the "buzz" when the people around us realized that we were kicking. When that ball sailed through those goalposts, I swear it's a wonder I didn't bust the bleachers down I was jumping up and down and cheering so much! Am I a proud Mom or what? By the way..... here's his latest football picture. Isn't he a cutie?

Now.... on to Wednesday. Right after work, I ran home, fixed something to eat really quick and then we headed to Dalton to get groceries. It's a 45 minute drive, but the taxes are MUCH cheaper so we always go there at least every two weeks. By the time we got back, it was almost 8:00 and then you just know I had to sit down entranced by the season finale of Paradise Hotel.

Thursday......pretty much ditto of Tuesday, the only difference is, instead of a game, it was just practice.

So, here we are to Friday and the only reason I'm not out and about now is because I used TOM (God bless it) as an excuse to not go to the local highschool football game. Dh and sons are EAT UP with football this time of year. I would like it to if I could just understand all the rules and regulation. Oh.....and if I could ever FIND THE FRICKIN BALL!!

Food has been good..... I was very strong all week and had a small meltdown last night when I ate just about all my Flex Points, but I am still not over for the week and that's all that matters. I have done the two mile, the one mile and just a few hours ago.....the THREE MILE! I took it slow and easy and believe it or not, I actually enjoyed it!

I'm not going to reply to everyone tonight and I know that no one will be offended because you KNOW I love you all.....but I do have a few comments that I want to make to some.

Joanne: I just wanted to extend my deepest sympathy in the loss of your grandmother. I don't know how close you were to her, but I know I could not function if I ever lost mine. She is my life. I am glad that she is no longer in pain and is now with her King. I will keep you and your entire family in my prayers. {{{hugs}}}

Andria: As always....your post simply amazes me. You are such a wonderful and inspirational woman. I don't know alot of women that have went through what you have in your lifetime, however you have chosen not to mire yourself down in bad feelings.....which we all know is so easy to do. Please hang onto that strength and I wish you all the success in the world in anything you want to do.

And last.....but certainly not least:

2Cute: My sweet lovely lady..... I wish I had all the answers to all the questions that you have. I wish I had the words to say that would make you feel better and fill that hole inside your heart. I wish I could wrap my arms around you and make you feel whole and complete. I wish I could look you in the eye and tell you how beautiful and worthy you are. I wish there was some way..... somehow you could feel all the love I have for you in my heart and you would know that everything is alright and you are loved. I wish you could know how very special you are to people that you don't even know. Until that day however, that I CAN look you in the eye and hold your hand.....(which I will probably not be able to speak..... only cry) know how very much you are loved and that someone thinks the world of you.

With that..... I will say goodnight. I hope all of my lovely chicks have a beautiful healthy OP day.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:08 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

I' am here
Old 10-04-2003, 10:42 AM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

where is everyone
Old 10-04-2003, 11:33 AM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello, everyone! Well, my goodness, it's Saturday and I'm NOT a "showgirl"!!! How cool is that! I do have a lunch job that honey and I will be going to shortly.

I have been able to get rid of both of my sons this week. So sad! I took "the baby" to school this week. It will hopefully be his final term away at school. He'll be glad to be done, but it's bittersweet for him because he really enjoys living in the Fraternity house with the other guys. Lots of good friendships there. And #1 son got a job! WooHoo! He works Tuesday-Friday, 1-9 PM, and Saturday 9AM-5PM so honey and I have some alone time in the evenings and we'll have our Saturdays to ourselves. I guess maybe the good Lord is just breaking us in slowly to being empty-nesters!

I was terrible with my food for 3 days this week. Boy, when you go off, it's hard to say no the next time you have an urge! It's like "geez, I ate that bag of Hersheys yesterday, so why not have another today? I blew it already anyway!" What "stinkin' thinkin'" that is!!!! So I made some 1 WW point potatoe soup last night for dinner to counteract my indiscretions. It was yummy, especially on a cold windy day!

I think now that the weather has gotten chilly (****, downright COLD) I will be able to do really well because there are some really good low point soup recipes out there. Remember when I used to do "soup day" one day a week??? That worked real well for me. Must get back some of the old "good" habits from when I was really losing well. Why is it that we forget all the good tricks and go back to all the old BAD habits instead???? Ahhhhh, the questions of life!

Boy, I don't know where all that came from. Sheeesh!

I haven't read much of anything that's going on here, my friends. I'm so sorry about that. I do hope to have more time in the near future, but that doesn't look too promising either.

We are going to Shipshewana the week after next. The outdoor flea market is supposed to be open through the end of October. I'm betting those vendors are pretty dang cold this past week. I pray that we will at least have like 65 degree weather when we go. I don't want it hot, but I sure don't want to freeze either. Boy, I don't want much, do I????

I started a 3-ring binder this week (ok, ANOTHER 3-ring binder) for my recipes. I have enough sheets of paper dancing around here, getting all over the place. I want to try the recipes one by one and ditch the ones that are not "keepers" and try to get some of that organized.

I've been working some. Not as much this week as I had been. But things are picking up once again. I do hope to get back to Curves starting Monday. Enough of all this procrastinating and excuses. I need to just take the time. I deserve to do something for myself. WE ALL deserve to do something for ourselves.

Well, if any of you are still reading all this rambling. Have a GREAT day! I love you all, even when I'm not here as often as I would like to be.

Hey, P.S. Are any of you starting to plan for that trip to Oklahoma in the Spring??? I cashed in my pot of coins that I've been saving and have $208 towards the trip so far. (In case you don't remember, or I didn't really say it) I never use any coin when I'm paying for anything. I always use $$$$$ bills. Then ALL of my change goes into a pot at home that I cash in from time to time. I usually use it for honey and I to do a get-away weekend, but when 2cute mentioned going out there, I immediately started saving for THAT trip. In 4 months, I collected the $208. I figure by Spring, I'll have plenty saved to make the trip with. (And it will not have been painful ) I checked for flight info on Orbitz.com just to see about what it might cost me. Right now it's about $336. Oh, and I wanted to ask: We are making this a "girls days out" type of event, aren't we???? Just wondering. I'm leaving honey home. I just figured there wouldn't be anything for him to do anyway, and I didn't want to have to worry about him being entertained for a couple of days, or sitting in a hotel room moping! (Or paying for a second ticket, for that matter! )

Ok, I'm really out of here now. I promise. See you all later.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:23 PM   #8  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Thin, I've decided you are easily one of the most organized people I've met in my entire life! You have more going on in any single day that I would dare for an entire week. Thank you for the trip planning reminder! I am such a procrastinator, a reminder is always gratefully accepted.

Mary, new hairdo and unlimited long distance? Sounds like a girl's dream to me. Ok, add in something about a free shoe shopping spree and it would be a total dream come true.

Tina, your son is such a cutie! He looks so serious in the pic, it just makes him that much more adorable. Sounds like you are working your WW plan just the way you are supposed to. Good for you! Also, way to go on all the exercise. Those are WATP tapes, right?

I'm supposed to be finishing up this article that I have barely started... Each time I sit down to work something happens, a serious call or a visitor or one of the girls with some sort of problem that has to be taken care of. I have to get this done! I'll report back here later.

And where is everyone the last few days? It is kind of creepy quiet on this thread. Everyone ok?

Andria
Old 10-04-2003, 01:39 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Hey chickies...

Quickie post: My daughter is home for the weekend, we just got done doing some shopping for supplies, ie: food, for the dorm. Got her car fixed (new fuel pump, new tires) I just waved bye bye to my paycheck in a few short hours time!

Tomorrow is WI (not Wisconsin!)...I'm scared to get on my scale, don't want to jinx anything. Points are mighty low today...so far.

Last night I was all comfy on the couch, was all set to watch my tape of Survivor. I got a call from work, begging me to go in. They were soooo short on 3-11, really needed a secretary on nights...(to pick up all their leftovers and then do my work...sheesh... I have a real hard time saying NO, so I said....uh, okay. I had to wait til my son got home from...get this...his first dance! Awwwwwwwwwwww...then I needed to nap, so I wouldn't get there til after 12. Fine, fine...come when ever you can. leave early. Soooooooooo, I get there at 1 AM. There are two other secretaries there!!!! What the ?? I was so pi$$ed! I'm usually there ALONE and manage to get the work done...AND it wasn't even that busy! They will be paying me an extra $50 for comimg in, but that's besides the point. I would have rather been home sleeping!

Okay, rant over.

Tina, your son is adorable!

Gotta run...be back soon!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 10-04-2003 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:54 PM   #10  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hey there Chicklets...

I just got back from my WW Weigh in. usually go on Fridays...but had to go at 10 this AM as I was with a friend...I am making it a point to eat a good breakfast, seems to help me stay OP...so there I was with a full tummy and had also drank a couple of glasses of H2o this morning....Figured I wouldn't maybe have lost at all at that rate...but I am down another 1.2 pounds that is a total of 14.2 since the 12th. of September.....Not real impressive but I am satisfied.....wish it would go faster..

What is this about an OK trip? Might be fun...tell me more...ThinThinker....BTW I have a cleaned up antique jar that used to be a chicken waterer that I put all my change in....I don't pay for everything with bills, right a lot of checks and use my debit card! I may have to start thinking of a way to "feed" my jar better! Speaking of feeding the jar.... How about putting a quarter in the jar everytime eat a bag of chips or candy? We always had a "cuss box" at home ...seemed to me that had to be dumped a little too often!

KaterinaBgood, Kids have a tendancy to make us spend out paychecks don't they? But all too soon they also have a tendancto gorw up and be gone...

QueenB Your son is a cutie loks like he means business with that football too! BElieve in yourself...you are a teriffic person!

Grannie:

Qsilver...BElieve me you ARE Strong!

Looks like you will be busy making phone calls...Don't forget about us here...

I need to get to cleaning up my house so I can get to my chrocheting...I bought some new yarn I want to try out...But I have to clean first or I will feel guilty...lol

Take Care one & All...
Old 10-04-2003, 02:54 PM   #11  

Good afternoon chicks:

Just wanted to pop in and let you know I am still OP, just been busy. Yesterday I thought I blew it, but added up the points and ended up only using 2 of my flex points. So today I feel much better aobut myself.

Tina: What a little cutie pie Trey is. Glad his team is doing so well and that he in particular is doing great!!! You brag all you want there you proud momma!!!

Thin: Sounds like you and hubby will be spending some fun times together now. Hope you don't run out of things to do .

Syn: Great job on the weight loss. Keep up the great work.

Mary: Hey there chick, here I am too......

Kat: Paycheck gone on kids, how familiar, and I have years and years to go yet. Sorry you ended up going in to work when the morons already had coverage, but the extra money will be nice.

Andria: Good luck on your article, hope you found time to sit and do it.

I'll be back later chicky poohs.....
Sandy
Old 10-04-2003, 02:56 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
I'm here, just busy today....Got up, watched some tv, went to the gym , showered, went to Panera with DH for lunch, now I am hemming some pants for him and will be ironing, packing, organizing for the rest of the day! I'll pop in later to catch up with everyone.....must run, iron is hot!
Love,
Barb
Old 10-04-2003, 04:56 PM   #13  
BELIEVE!

I'm confused... I thought we changed chat to Sunday night?????

Just taking quick break from ironing. Be back later.

Barb
Old 10-04-2003, 05:13 PM   #14  

I'm blonde and Confussed now........
Old 10-04-2003, 06:16 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Oh CRUD!!!
Guess I missed something when I wasn't reading for the last couple of days.......

Someone....please.....help.....me!!!!

I've fallen, and I can't get up!

Last edited by thinthinker; 10-04-2003 at 06:26 PM.
Closed Thread