Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #1  
I am the mirror!

S/C/G: 292.5 / Goal 135

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm loosing....the fight...the will

I feel so depressed about gaining weight again. I have no clue why my body hates me so much. I eat fairly good. I just recently got my whole family on Whole Wheat. I also got my meat loving husband to have red meat only one time a week. I was loosing was down to 264 and then one freaking night I go bad and I jump to 270. I feel like I am fighting a loosing battle. Why can't I eat healthy and have the occasional unhealthy snack. I didn't not gorge myself on sweets or anything just had two slices of pizza for dinner and regular salad dressing. WTF AM I DOING WRONG!!!

I think my depression is also part of the fact that I can't find a job to save my life. I keep seeing all my friends saying they have a job or got a new job and I get a little hurt. Sorry I guess I just need someone to listen to my poor me spouting out the tears. I am sure I am PMSing too.
Bigbeautifulmama2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Sending you fairie hugs because I imagine that what you need is someone to just hug you and tell you it will be all right. Think about how much better you'll feel when the water weight -- and that much weight gain overnight is definitely water weight -- goes swooshing away. You're taking the right steps and if it helps everyone on this forum can empathize with you. Hope tomorrow is a better day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Betsy is right, you certainly didn't gain 4 pounds from 2 slices of pizza. This kind of guilt over an occasional splurge is not good

I think you should work in splurge days for yourself every week, so you can plan the rest of your calories, sodium, sugar and water accordingly. If you know you're going to have a treat for dinner you can eat lighter during the day and load up on the water to offset some of the salt.

You've lost 13 pounds already which is awesome, don't let a small setback deter you from continuing forward. We are all here for you! *Hugs*
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #4  

Awwwwww.....first off *HUGS* for you!!!

We are all here for you and we have all been where you are.

You have accomplished so much, don't turn back now. Our bodies are so unpredictable and it's so frustrating. Plus I feel like the more I stress over the scale, the worse it gets.

As long as we stay on our plan, get our exercise in (if that's part of the plan), drink our water and keep doing what works for us, the scale has to comply eventually!

And...there is no way that 2 slices of pizza put that weight on you, no matter what the scale says.

Please hang in there, you owe it to yourself. You are amazing.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #5  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I agree with everyone, no way you gained 2 lbs over night unless you took in an Aditional 7200 cals. You have managed to lose so far so u must be doing something right, be proud of yourself for that. You have made some positive changes too.

We are all here for you, whether u are sad or happy!
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #6  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Sodium and water weight for sure...
Try to be kind and patient with your body. It is going to take months and months to discover the patterns your body has. You can gain water weight during ovulation or menstruation.

Your body does NOT hate you...it loves you. And you should try to love your body. It's the only one you have- and you need to work together. Listen to your body. Spend quiet moments with it each day.

For the most part- I feel like I have let my body down- not the other way around. So now I'm trying to be kind to it. Feeding it the most nutritious, healthy and healing fuel I can get my hands on. It's had to carry extra weight for years- and that's my fault. Not my body's fault. But I've forgiven myself- and now my body and I are working together. Bodies naturally crave movement- so I try to give it all sorts of movement- stretching, walking, yoga, swimming, zumba. My body has cared for me for many years. Now it's my turn to care for it.

Regarding the job- What type of jobs are you looking for? How are you applying? (I'm a Career Services Advisor at a University).

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 02-15-2013 at 01:11 PM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #7  
Sexy Writer Chick

S/C/G: 235/235/125

Height: 5'3"

I feel for you. I also suspect that it is either an over abundance of sodium or a reaction to something in the Pizza - I don't mean allergic reaction. I mean a food that your body has a hard time processing - that can often cause an weight spike.

I hope you stay with it - you are worth it.
ladyfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote