Old 01-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Need ideas for at home support/lack of meeting

My first round of WW was in 2008, after my son was born. I really found the meetings to be key, it was a great group in my WW at work group.

I've since had DD. I am struggling to lose the last of the weight on my own, and life is busier. Does online membership offer anything like the meetings do - the weekly material? How is the interaction in the WW forum?

There is a WW at work near me but I would have to drive in the middle of the day to go.

Thanks.
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 331/324/150

Height: 5'4

I am too in the same boat. I like having an accountability partner. Someone to keep me in check and also to compete with. I have thought of maybe doing a skype class? I am not sure how to go about starting it but I think it would be fun!
Avasterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #3  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi Becky your little one's picture is so cute.
I agree it can be hard to get back to losing weight with a family but you need to make you a priority too!
Is there anyway you could have someone babysit so you could attend a meeting or go to the gym?
In the past I have attended TOPS and I see that you live in Il too, so there are plenty of chapters some meet during the day usually an older crowd and some are in the evening. Just go online to find out. They are alot cheaper that WW
if money is an issue.
Oh do you Quilt? I am from a family of old southern women that quilted,and I will at sometime in life start quilting to keep it going in the family.
Good Luck,Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #4  

you don't actually have to be a paying member to use the forums they are free. i've never been to a meeting but they give info and basically an online tracker, recipes stuff like that
mom2threebratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

Hi Becky, it's been a while since I looked in to it, but I think you get the weekly material delivered to you with the online membership, plus you get the online tracker.

The WW forums are free, and you don't have to be an online member to use them. I've found their forums very, very busy and hard to keep up with a set group of friends to weigh in with, or build accountability with. The threads sink several pages back in the matter of a couple of days. I think the support groups here are much better!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
HiThe WW forums are free, and you don't have to be an online member to use them. I've found their forums very, very busy and hard to keep up with a set group of friends to weigh in with, or build accountability with. The threads sink several pages back in the matter of a couple of days. I think the support groups here are much better!
I have to agree about the WW's forums and they are hard to keep track of, which one's I've read and which ones I haven't. Plus I like colored fonts, dumb I guess. I started on the internet around 1994 where everything was UNIX and just plain boring text. It seems like the dark ages, some of the message boards I've seen.
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #7  

Hows everyone doing?

I have joined ww online but haven't got the hang of their forum yet..... perfer forums where I can get e-mail notification.....

I could always do with support etc., and am ready to give the same.

Judith
justjudith is offline   Reply With Quote