Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 130/120/110

Height: 5'4

Default Please tell me I'm not the only one hating valentines day...

I know this is just me ranting..l I apologize that I'm not more positive.. This guy I was seeing broke up wh me shortly before Christmas, and it's still hitting me hard. I just feel like it seems that the whole world seems to be celebrating and rejoicing today, valentines day but me and I'm feeling sorry for myself because of it.
I'm trying hard not to stuff myself wh junk cause I know it not only will make things worse but I will hate myself for it. But I feel sooo badly I can't see straight...
I frickin hate seeing stupid sparkling hearts and roses today cause I feel so ugly and down on myself
sunshinesmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I don't know what time it is where you are, but if there is still time, do something nice for someone else. This makes today SO MUCH BETTER!!!

I gave my mom and aunt surprise valentine's day cards and they were soooo touched and thrilled. I gave my coworker a little $2 heart decoration and she cried she was so happy (valentine's is her favorite holiday).

Those things made this Valentine's Day one of the best for me ever!

p.s. i have a "boyfriend" and he said nothing to me today, gave me nothing, acknowledged nothing and we're not doing anything or seeing each other. so yeah, love life sucks, but making others happy and spreading love is much better!

Last edited by BreathingSpace; 02-14-2013 at 09:23 PM.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Nope youre definitely not the only one. Today has been rough for me as well... and unfortunately I did emotionally eat and I don't feel any better lol... :/
shannylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #4  

Default Thans guys...

Breathing space... That's such a great idea! idid wish some of my female friends a great valentine I'm just such a romantic that this stupid day of 'love' gets me down...

Hugs at shannylove... lol... You have no idea how much diet coke I bought and veggies I've been eating to just praying to let today be over... Lol I feel kinda stupid sometimes the things I gotta do to keep myself from binging... kinda like the alcoholics anonymous motto.... One day at a time... Oy! I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but I know I will just feel worse if I chug down ice cream.... sigh... I really wish guys I was one of those people who doesn't let emotions interfere with their eating... I'm not sure if I will ever become one though...
Old 02-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

You're definitely not the only one! I almost started crying before. This day was too much. My mother was told that she has to have open heart surgery (yes, told on V Day with all of the silly heart balloons and heart cards everywhere is cosmically funny somehow) and my ex, who is supposedly my friend, STOOD ME UP, canceling our plans for this evening while I was en route to the restaurant. WTH? (A good reminder as to why we broke up in the first place.) So, I decided to do errands and headed into a market which was not smart because I was surrounded by V Day chocolate all marked down! I escaped back to my apartment and have now eaten way too much vegetarian chili with brown rice. A healthy choice, but way over my calorie limit. I guess in terms of the big picture, today was OK. I need to wash my face, breathe deeply and drink some herbal tea. Hope everyone has a better day tomorrow! :-)
EliseVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #6  

Default Hugs Elise!

Sorry to hear about your mom...hope all goes well wh the surgery.

Sometimes I feel kinda silly that a regular day affects me so much... I mean what difference is today vs other days except someone decided to devote it to couples?

Elise my dad his birthday is today! Can you imagine... And he didn't have a smooth sailing love life...so sometimes I feel like it goes back to the way we look at things that happen in life....

For eg The way I view events that happen in my life I'm sure has a direct huge impact to my stress eating... I think what people say about 'how you interpret what happens to you becomes your reality' I just wish I was better at that ie a more of an optimist... But I'm very critical of myself, if something doesn't work out the way I want I blame it on myself...
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

I hate V-Day. I always feel like a leper since I'm single with no shot at a boyfriend due to my shyness and lack of self confidence. Maybe I will get the courage to sign up for online dating soon...you ladies will have to give me courage so I can face rejection if I run into it!

I used to at least have a little Valentine's happiness in the form of delicious candy and chocolates, but now that I don't eat that stuff it just taunts me. A coworker gave me some really nice chocolates and I had to give them away so I wouldn't be tempted
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #8  

Height: 5ft3

I hate it as well - but isn't it odd that it is a selling point for chocolates - is that because they make a lot of money out of those of us who want to take solace with a box of chocs
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I hate Valentine's Day but not because it's a day of love, but because there is so much negativity about it from my single girl friends. I can't log on to facebook on Valentine's Day without seeing one negative post after another about how it's a terrible day! It's like there's 3 camps of people: Those who are in new relationships that make a big deal out of it, those who are single and wish evil thoughts on all happy couples, and those of us who are married and the shiny glow of romance is now at a comfortable roomate level lol. I really do not get this negativity. I've been single loads and loads of times on Valentine's Day and never felt hatred towards couples who were reveling in it. I've always found something to do with friends or by myself without having to bring anyone else down.

What's worse than negativity is feeling a sense of resentment from friends. Just because I have a husband doesn't mean I have an awesome Valentine's Day, I mean seriously, it's for people who have been dating for 5 minutes! We hardly do anything at all, hubby brings me a rose and we sit at the table to eat like any other day - I certainly don't want to go out when restaurants are over crowded. There's not much excitement, it's just a day with a nod to love and I'm fine with it, what's the big deal. I'll never understand why people are so hateful towards it. It's just a day. I don't celebrate Yom Kippur, but I don't go around being negative towards those who celebrate it.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #10  

I understand what your saying wannabe skinny and I think part of it is because I am looking for love yet at the same time have been hurt terribly by love that v day taunts me... I had a difficult growing up yrs and When most people dated when they were in their teens and twenties I lay in bed depressed, fat, and had acne problems.... I guess I spent a long time looking for love to cure my loneliness and to feel loved by someone. I do date now but all the wrong guys add to my frustration... Due to missing out on dating when I was in my teens, I feel out of place. I feel like I'm only stArting to catch up now yet am getting increasingly frustrated that I seem to attract all the wrong/bad guys, part of the reason maybe that I hate v day is that Im scared to face the fact that love may never happen for me. Sad but true
Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #11  

sunshinesmile, I think we can all relate to feeling this way at some point in our lives. If it's not during our awkward teenage years it's during our college years or during our mid life crisis years. There comes a time when we all feel out of place, and we've all been hurt. I have lots of single girlfriends and the common thread I see through all of them is this: they are angry with men, self conscious about how they look and have sarcastic personalities. I'm not trying to generalize, I'm just explaining what traits my single girlfriends share. Men want women who are confident, sweet and optimistic. They don't want someone to chum around with and talk about sports trivia. Anyway, my own belief is that nothing good comes from negativity, I've never seen anyone fulfill their own sense of happiness by dogging on Valentine's day.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Men want women who are confident, sweet and optimistic. They don't want someone to chum around with and talk about sports trivia.
Oh, that explains the lack of a boyfriend

It's been so long, I'm not even sure what to do to meet a man anymore...
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
Oh, that explains the lack of a boyfriend

It's been so long, I'm not even sure what to do to meet a man anymore...
I have a particular friend who is a major Yankees fan. I always try to tell her not to talk sports with guys when she first meets them because guys tend to put girls into the friend category when the conversation turns to sports. This was evident once when I introduced her to my boyfriend years ago. They talked sports all night and ignored me. I was really upset about it and quite jealous. After that night my boyfriend told me he thought my friend was awesome and wants to hang out with her again! I told him about my jealous and he laughed at me and said "I don't sleep with girls who talk stats - she's like a guy." So there you go, straight from the horse's mouth.