Old 02-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default Valentines Day is Upon Us

Now we all know that this day spells TROUBLE. What is a girl to do? Romance and love is in the air as you're greeted by pretty flowers, expensive boxes of chocolates, maybe a nice bottle of wine, then you're wisked away to a fancy dinner.

Now I've already told my man NO on the chocolates, but what about that dinner? Can you go out to a nice romantic restaurant and still stay within your calorie range for the day? Do you forgo it for the day and just enjoy yourself?

So who's going to CAVE today and who is going to stay STRONG, and who is gonna SAY they will, BUT you know full well that you are not.

What a decision. I have a bad feeling about this. I mean it's just one day, right?
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #2  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I work until 8 PM. So their will be no caving for me. However- my birthday is on the 22nd- and I intend to go crazy.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #3  

I'm not caving today! This Valentine's Day is all about the love and this Valentine's Day is extra special to me as I got good news this week. I can't wait for my husband to get home and we can just be together.

100% on plan for me and a special dinner for him.

I did get us goofy gifts though, please don't judge! We have a serious problem challenging each other on Angry Birds and I picked us up matching Angry Birds undies at Target yesterday (his are boxers, mine are ladies so not literally matching lol). I showed him last night, he laughed his butt off literally. Do you know how great it feels to be able to wear normal underwear instead of plus sized??!! Sorry for the TMI.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #4  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

We love making delicious homemade pizza and haven't done it since I started WW.... I have been afraid to go out for pizza, so we are gonna make it tonight at home. With wheat flour. I am gonna track the heck out of it and enjoy it, a lot.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

No extras here but when there is an event or we got out, I tend to just budget a few days before hand (shave off 200 calories here or there), go super light the rest of the day and splurge for the special occasion without it changing my weekly weight loss total.

Belinda - OoOoo, I'm jealous of the fancy dinner, ENJOY!

Elvis - that is too cute!! How fun!

Ashley - Um, homemade pizza sound lovely!
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

We're cooking grassfed T-Bone steak, roasted fingerling potatoes, and green beans with garlic. Totally reasonable, 400-450 calorie meal, so that's fine.

Now, we WILL be having a special dessert, which we have every year (an individual ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins with a particular seasonal flavor of ice cream), but we got the smallest size, and will stretch it to last for dessert 2-3 nights.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #7  
Gizmo

There's about only 3-4 days per year where I feel it's ok to indulge a bit, and Valentine's Day is one of them. I could not imagine this day without chocolate, but in moderation (only 2 Lindt chocolate hearts) and dessert, in a small portion (a fancy cupcake that my husband bought that we will share). I can live with these choices and I know that tomorrow I will be back on plan.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #8  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

No romantic night for us . . . we're having a family dinner for FIL's birthday. Maybe something romantic for my birthday on Saturday though.

The way I look at it is that I can fully enjoy myself without going overboard with my eating. I can also pick out something reasonable at any restaurant (even if I have to cut the portion down) so I don't really worry about this stuff anymore.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I thought people might enjoy this.

My daughter's daycare asked us to bring a dozen "treats" in for Valentine's day. My daughter is not even TWO so I was annoyed. So I brought this:

Fruit by SweetEnnui, on Flickr

The stickers say,
"You're sweet! Naturally!"
"Orange you glad you're my Valentine?"
"We make a great pear, Valentine!"
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
We're cooking grassfed T-Bone steak, roasted fingerling potatoes, and green beans with garlic. Totally reasonable, 400-450 calorie meal, so that's fine.

Now, we WILL be having a special dessert, which we have every year (an individual ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins with a particular seasonal flavor of ice cream), but we got the smallest size, and will stretch it to last for dessert 2-3 nights.
This isn't going to sound very romantic but I wish I was having dinner at your house! Sounds delicious! Enjoy!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #11  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Elvis--- love the angry bird undies! Too funny!
Goddess Jessica-- good for you! I would have done the same thing!

We don't celebrate vday, so it'll be 100% on plan for me today :-)
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

I cheated my parents took me out for dinner for my present from my kiddos. When a five year old brings you a chocolate covered strawberry who can say no. I will go back to being super good tomorrow.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #13  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Yesterday was a calorie bomb - and moving on....geesh!

The crazy thing is that it wasn't even DB's fault. I said no candy and he complied. I said, let's stay on plan and he complied. No one's fault but mine. What did I do? I went out for lunch with a girlfriend and we "treated" ourselves to an oversized portion of chicken shawarma with hummus and pita at a Mediterranean restaurant, then I said "yes" to the donuts still left from that morning (why?? They weren't even good anymore?) when I got back - fully and firmly still planted in "treating myself" mode. Then, got home and just had to have a few pieces of chocolate the kids offered me from their Valentine's party loot at school.

Oh yeah...and then I had the lovely dinner that DB made for me - whole wheat, veggie only, completely vegan handmade pizza. And wine. He bought me wine - but only because I asked. At that point, WTH? Poor guy - I tell him for a week that I don't want anything food/alcohol related for Vday and then he plans this sweet dinner and I send him out to the store for wine while he's trying to cook. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I ate a donut earlier that day. Geesh!

Back on plan today!! I've already had my morning smoothie and have made plans with my friend to run at the gym at lunch.

Looking back, I could have gone to lunch with my friend and chosen a greek salad instead (minus the dressing and filling up on hummus and pita before it comes), still had a great time catching up, gotten back to the office and skipped the icky, stale donut and enjoyed an on plan dinner with sweetie and stayed on plan. I really got no further enjoyment out of my day by eating like crap. (Except maybe for the wine. I don't regret the wine. ) Lesson learned.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #14  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

We had a Valentine's Day potluck at work yesterday and I'm pretty sure I made some pretty decent decisions, but I was still .4 up on the scale. :: shrugs ::
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I did really well yesterday, surprisingly.

First thing in the morning, someone in the office was handing out HUGE chocolate covered strawberries. Then when I went to my first class at 3, my instructor brought cupcakes, candy, cinnamon rolls and pastries. My table was RIGHT next to the goodies so I smelled them for 3 hours. My next class had tons of regular soda and a big pan of iced brownies.

Thankfully I said no to everything. Quit unusual and I certainly don't feel deprived. I had my on-plan dessert when I got home.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote