General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Got Facebook and I see a butt being displayed in a picture...

... then I realize, it's MY butt. I totally wouldn't recognize me from behind - at all. It only caught my attention that it MUST be me in the photo because of the caption of the photo... celebrating Raven's win in a bodypump class. Holy crud. That was my class and that is my butt smack dab in the middle of the shot!

First thought, "My butt!!!" Second thought, "I look that good?" In my head I still look freaking huge and if I don't look huge with my butt sticking back in a full squat, then I must not be huge! (well, OK, it's big, but it doesn't look like a tub of lard big). Seriously... if this is my 25 pounds over my goal weight, I think I will look GREAT at 160.

My husband is in the shot too - look for the bald head in the yellow shirt.

A couple who squat together, stay together?

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-13-2013 at 10:51 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Love it! You look great!!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #3  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

You look amazing!
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #4  

Umm, i don't even think you need to lose 25 more lbs!! BUT.. if i've learned anything on this forum it's to shut my mouth, lol!

Be proud! Be very proud--and enjoy where you are now!
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:30 AM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Haha! Nice and round

Way to pump the iron!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #6  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Looking great! Keep at it!
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

You look great!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #8  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Love it! You look great!!!!
Thank you! It is kind of odd to see myself that way, but it at least makes me look strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleyballsis View Post
You look amazing!
Ah thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReillyJ View Post
Umm, i don't even think you need to lose 25 more lbs!! BUT.. if i've learned anything on this forum it's to shut my mouth, lol!

Be proud! Be very proud--and enjoy where you are now!
You know... I've been toying with my end goal weight and with a few things happening recently, I think I am going to change my goal weight. I am going to make it 175, but anything lower than that will be icing (I got to 165 this summer for about a second and a half with a lot of HARD work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Haha! Nice and round

Way to pump the iron!
My friend said it make me look like a bad a$$... better than a fat one! And I see I have a nice deep squat going on too. And yes.. you can see MUSCLE... not flab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
Looking great! Keep at it!
Thanks - I do! twice a week I lift weights - having to take a week or so off with the knee injury (hamstring tendonitis), but going on 2 years of lifting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmage View Post
You look great!
Thanks!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #9  

Loved this post and loved the title...I didn't know where it was going!

You and your husband are amazing, I couldn't picture lifting like that! Your body looks solid, I agree with the above comment that I can't see you having much more to lose. You look great, thanks for sharing with us!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #10  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Your butt looks great, Legs too. Not to big, no lard great job, imagine how good it will look at goal. I had my hubby take some pictures of me the other day for when I write my goal post. He snapped some of my butt and said can't help it, it looks good. I don't have much butt, but it's looking better.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #11  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Loved this post and loved the title...I didn't know where it was going!

You and your husband are amazing, I couldn't picture lifting like that! Your body looks solid, I agree with the above comment that I can't see you having much more to lose. You look great, thanks for sharing with us!
I used to be solid flab. Well, not quite true. I've always been strong - or had the ability to be strong. And I had a FLAT butt (no muscle). Well, nearly 2 years of lifting weights and I have a nice bottom! (or at least much nicer than it ever has been). Hubby too - his was always flat and now he has a really nice tushie. I love that we lift together in class - what a great way to spend together while doing something good for our health.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #12  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbiegurl View Post
Your butt looks great, Legs too. Not to big, no lard great job, imagine how good it will look at goal. I had my hubby take some pictures of me the other day for when I write my goal post. He snapped some of my butt and said can't help it, it looks good. I don't have much butt, but it's looking better.
So glad that your husband can appreciate the hard work you've put into your body!

And at goal, I'll just be a smaller version of the above.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #13  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Great pic!
I envy your butt :-)
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

That's great! Congratulations!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #15  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I'll tread carefully here since I've had posts deleted for crossing a line* in the past ... so I'll just say ... lookin good

However, I also am wondering about your form. It's very tough to tell from a still shot and single angle but it looks to me like your squat form could be improved a bit. With this light weight it doesn't really matter but form is form ...

Your back is flat an not rounded - which is good - but you also are bent over pretty far which turns a squat into more of a "good morning" exercise. Could just be this rep but this puts a lot more strain on your lower back than a squat should and works your legs less than a squat should. Your husband has a more correct angle for a squat.

Second, you may not be at max depth in this shot but if this is max depth you should go lower. It will work your glutes more and put less pressure on your knees.

*I'm breaking the rules to even mention this but I've noticed there is a big difference between what a woman can say to a woman and what a man can say to a woman in regards to how they look. What If I'm not straight? What if the woman giving the compliment is not straight? Double standard but that's just the way it goes I suppose.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote