View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
scorbett1103
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk79 View Post
Ok,thanks.Glad I can at least have lamb!Guess I'll just have to wait until I'm done with the diet to have bacon and sausage again!
I almost didn't post something because my aim is never to offend. But I'm heading for maintenance myself right now (one more week of P2 left) and I'm realizing that I CANNOT get hung up on foods that used to be my favorites. Bacon, sausage, breads and sweets did not do me any favors, and certainly did not keep me at an ideal weight. I am taking a VERY hard look at the things I might want to eat - and realizing that in maintenance they are just not worth it anymore. Will I still have a slice of real bacon or two once in a while? Sure. But if I want bacon for breakfast it's going to be turkey bacon more often than not. There are still lots of hard choices to make in maintenance, none of us got skinny by eating the way we did before.

I just say this as a word of caution - don't focus on what you can't have right now, because maintenance is still about long-term changes to our diets - hopefully we all arrive to maintenance equipped to make the harder choices especially when it comes to our old favorite foods.