Old 02-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #1  
Marmitenot

S/C/G: 204/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Week 1: So HARD, but I know it will be worth it!

About 3 years ago I was on a VLC of about 800 calories a day. I lost 25 pounds in 3 months...I was so proud and swore I'd never gain that weight back. Well, I gained that weight back plus 44 more. I've finally gotten in the right state of mind again, and I found Medifast! The food isn't the best tasting, but I can tolerate most of what I've had. But BOY! Temptation is everywhere. The first day of my diet (this past Sunday) my husband made a jello-pudding chocolate pie. YUM...but I haven't touched it. Tuesday, the girls in my office brought food: Gumbo, potato salad and Praline King Cake. Again, I did not waver. Today, they brought beef stew and crusty french bread. I ate my Medifast beef vegetable stew for lunch. I am holding fast, but my mouth is STILL watering. This is SO hard, but I know from past experience it will get easier in the coming weeks and that when the weight starts falling off I will be even more motivated to stick to the plan. Just having a weak moment.... UGH!
marmitenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/168/125

Height: 5'4

This too shall pass. lol. Give it another week and you won't even crave that stuff. Make sure you're drinking all of your water and eat every 2-3 hours so you don't get hungry. BE STRONG!! lol
SaraSweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #3  
Marmitenot

S/C/G: 204/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Thank you thank you! I'm guzzling water...it makes me feel better! I am eating, but I'm a little hungry between meals. Obviiously at 204lbs, I'm not used to being "hungry"...but I also know the feeling of being hungry will get better over time. I CAN DO THIS! YOU CAN DO THIS! WE CAN DO THIS!
marmitenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #4  

Hey Marmitenot! Nice to meet you. Today is my 3rd day. I'm still HUNGRY!! LoL But I've done low carb enough to know that this should pass as soon as ketosis sets in.
kjsspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6

It is definitely tough. I am on day 10...I have not yet been tempted to cheat at all but I still have moments where I get sad because I can't eat what I want. I am going to a bday party for my friends 1 year old tomorrow and everybody will be eating cake...so fun for me. :/

But I have lost 14 pounds so far...so that helps a lot.

When the ketosis hits the taste in your mouth will make you less hungry lol. I have to be careful not to eat too LITTLE the last few days.
crazycatlady33 is offline   Reply With Quote