Old 01-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I know this is going to sound like a complete rant, but i've been off the antibiotics since last Wednesday. I started feeling a lot better Saturday. I have gained three pounds even though i've been totally OP. I know it's probably water weight, but where is this "woosh"??? I've been on the diet for three weeks at this point and i was hoping for a little more of a loss (not just 8lbs minus the three that the scale says i've gained). I've been diligent with my vitamins, drinking plenty of water, getting the right amount of salt, eating my salads, etc. etc. etc. Any suggestions? Words of encouragement? I'm basically panicking that i haven't lost anymore weight...
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #32  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

For the question about cabbage - when I am adding cabbage to soups, it is the last thing I add. It cooks very quickly.

Britt - do NOT lose hope! Hang in there! You are not doing anything wrong and you will lose on this diet if you follow the protocol, though occasionally something like an illness or time of month will bring things to a halt. At the end of the day you will average the 2-4 per week they advertise.
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I did IP about two years ago and lost a decent amount of weight. However, I never had anything like this happen during those eight months. I know I'm only three weeks in, but I have a good amount of weight to lose and am getting nervous. I've had so many failed diets since I did IP the first time, and am committed to make a complete lifestyle change. I just need this to work. I'm tired of feeling the way I do about my body.
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
I know this is going to sound like a complete rant, but i've been off the antibiotics since last Wednesday. I started feeling a lot better Saturday. I have gained three pounds even though i've been totally OP. I know it's probably water weight, but where is this "woosh"??? I've been on the diet for three weeks at this point and i was hoping for a little more of a loss (not just 8lbs minus the three that the scale says i've gained). I've been diligent with my vitamins, drinking plenty of water, getting the right amount of salt, eating my salads, etc. etc. etc. Any suggestions? Words of encouragement? I'm basically panicking that i haven't lost anymore weight...
My suggestion is what IP recommends. Stay off the scale because it is stressing you out.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #35  
Started IP on 1/3/13

S/C/G: 194/171/135

Height: 5'2"

Okay, I have been reading this thread and I am in a real panic!! I have just been prescribed Avelox and I will be on it for 4-6 weeks!!! I am screwed, right? Has anyone NOT had a negative experience with antibiotics? I am in tears right now. I have a lot more to lose and I don't know how to deal with 4-6 weeks of staying OP and not losing or worse yet GAINING!!

Any help?

I'm So Sad-Ali
Ali Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #36  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Williams View Post
Okay, I have been reading this thread and I am in a real panic!! I have just been prescribed Avelox and I will be on it for 4-6 weeks!!! I am screwed, right? Has anyone NOT had a negative experience with antibiotics? I am in tears right now. I have a lot more to lose and I don't know how to deal with 4-6 weeks of staying OP and not losing or worse yet GAINING!!

Any help?

I'm So Sad-Ali
Ali - don't panic ... I was on Avelox during my 3rd attempt at the antibiotics and it really did help so that is the good news! Make sure to time your supplements (or don't take them at all) so that they don't interfere. I believe the Avelox papers specifically say NO magnesium supplements at all - make sure to read them.

I didn't lose weight while on the antibiotics BUT I don't think I would have anyway. I stayed OP for an additional 2 weeks after being off the antibiotics and lost a very minimal amount of weight. Since then they've switched me to the cellulite reduction (because this is my very last few pounds) and that helped rev things up. So I think you might actually still lose unless you're in those last few pounds.

The big thing is to let your body heal ... I don't think the body works as well burning the fat unless it's already in a healthy state. So, it might benefit you to maybe do P3 while on the antibiotics to get good and healthy and then go back to P1 when you done. Your body just might burn faster and better at that point anyway.

Good luck - you'll be fine, just listen to your body!!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #37  
Started IP on 1/3/13

S/C/G: 194/171/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
AlThe big thing is to let your body heal ... I don't think the body works as well burning the fat unless it's already in a healthy state. So, it might benefit you to maybe do P3 while on the antibiotics to get good and healthy and then go back to P1 when you done. Your body just might burn faster and better at that point anyway.

Good luck - you'll be fine, just listen to your body!!
Okay, this is really interesting...I wonder if I should try P3. You have certainly given me something to think about. It wouldn't bother me so much if it wasnt 4-6 weeks. I would hate to do that much P1 for nothing.

It turns out she wrote the RX for Cephalexin. Is the magnesium thing with all antibiotics?

I really appreciate your feedback! Thanks a million!

Alison
Ali Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #38  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Ali - I think some antibiotics are different but I would say to definitely do the research. You don't want to waste the time on them because of the antibiotics ..

Scorbett - you out there? Any ideas for Ali?
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Williams View Post
If you have an illness being treated with antibiotics, there is certainly inflammation associated with it. Inflammation is WATER WEIGHT!
You could continue to lose fat and it might (or might not) show up on the scale.
Definitely treat your health first! And stay on plan.
I was near tears (and in tears) a month ago when I cut out almost all of the IP foods b/c of the soy and gluten content, due to the hypothyroidism I developed. It all worked out.

It will all work out. The world isn't ending. You may not get the scale feedback you desire for a month (or you may) but KNOW you're still headed to a healthier you!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote