Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #1  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Default Calling all 5' 4" women with a larger boned frame ...

So I need some type of general concensus please ..

I am 5' 4" and am currently 144 lbs. Most women my height would want to be lower but I have always been heavy for "size" due to muscles and a larger frame. So during my weight loss I've been struggling with that "final" goal number, not really knowing what to aim for ..

Last week I changed my goal from a scale number to a waist inches number and chose 28" just for a general idea .. honestly I don't remember ever measuring my waist when I thin before ...

But .. I'm thinking that's a bit unrealistic at this point ...

I'm 44, have 1 child (12 years ago) and would like to know if what the waist measurements of my "counterparts" are out there ...

Anyone?
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Is there any way you can do a bodpod test? that way you can get a bodyfat measurement that is pretty accurate.

I'm taller than you, but also large frame. When I was 165, my waist was 30.5. I don't even know if it's possible to get it under 30. (my goal weight is around 160).

Like you, I'm older. I'm 43. I work out 5-6 times a week and ahve been pretty consistent about that for 2 years. (though at times 4-5 times a week). And I'm definitely large framed.

It's just so hard to pick these random numbers because what do they mean, really?

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-12-2013 at 01:39 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #3  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Well I'm 5'4 and my waist is 33in right now. I've still got quite a bit of weight to lose but 145 is my goal. My shape is very hourglass as I've got a big bottom and a big chest. I said that I'd reevaluate my ultimate goal weight once I got down to 145 but I can't believe that I'd want to be too much smaller than that. I'm also larger boned and thought I looked great at 155 so...
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

I am 5' 4" and am currently 173 lbs. My current waist is 31 inches. I am 48. My lowest weight has been 115 lbs with a 24 inch waist. I still have a suit from that time. I can't see how I could ever go back to that size. At the time I thought I was too fat. Realistically, I aim now aiming for 135 lbs and a 27-28 inch waist. I work out regularly and find that sculpting really helps. In a way I measure my goal the same as you do. I ignore the scale, but try to fit into my rather expensive business suits again that I almost gave away a year ago.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #5  
Keeping it real!

Hmmm ... so far, we're all over the place ...

berryblonde - nice to chat with you again! I agree! WTH do they mean???? So you're final is right around what I'm considering my final ... Maybe I should get the fat percentage test but I don't always believe in them either .. I definitely don't trust the charts!! Do you have a curvy figure? I call myself a box (kind of like a boyish way), I don't know what kind of fruit that is? Not a pear or an apple, ha ha - maybe a lemon!!

Chickieboom - my original goal was 150 but when I hit it, I maintained for a few months and decided to go a little lower - my waist was at 32 1/2" at that point and it's been a huge struggle to get it to 31". I'm a box (with a decent booty ) but no boobs left at all so I can't compare to you .... I would love an hourglass figure though!

Lolo - are large framed? At 170 my waist was around 39 - 40 " ? Interesting how different we all are! Oh - and don't say "never" - I bet you do I fit back into my wedding dress after 17 years, just last week... Stranger things have happened
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, once upon a time I would have called myself an hour glass figure, but I don't know if that is accurate. I have boobs, and that makes me look 'hourly' in the front, but I'm pretty straight from chest to waist and then a bit out for hips. I'm not a pear, but not an apple, though maybe I am becoming more of an apple as I get older?

When I was 165 and very close to goal (and working out). My measurements were 39 - 30.5 - 40 ish (I'm not exactly sure as I didn't measure JUST then) My widest part of my hip is across the lower hip/buttocks. And most of that chest is boobs. Under boobs I measured at 33.75. (I have a large rib cage). I had NO FAT left on my back/chest. All remaining was basically coming from my waist.

And when I gained? Most of it went to my waist.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm 5'5, about 125 pounds and very small framed. No children. Waist and hips are 24" and 34". My natural shape is slightly bottom heavy with thick legs but narrow hips.

How you're built makes a huge difference. My ideal weight is probably under 115 - at 125 I still have quite a lot of fat despite regular weight training. My roommate is half an inch shorter than I am and her ideal weight is probably 140 because she is built differently.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

I was an hourglass. Then went to a barrel and am now a bottom heavy hourglass. I lost mostly around my waist initially. Plus the Jillian Michaels torture chamber had most effects on my waist. Fortunately, my hips started to shrink lately. I am currently 38.5" - 31" - 40.5". There are still rolls of fat on my back, my lower abdomen and below.

I think towards the end it is easier to see results from toning and sculpting the body and the scale becomes somewhat meaningless. Most effects on my shape lately have been due to exercising. I am easily getting into clothes now that barely fit me when I was in the 150s. This is more motivating than thinking about the other 40 lbs that should go.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #9  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

I'm 5'4 and 32. My current weight is 170 and my waist is 35, but I am an apple frame.
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #10  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemydoggiesx2 View Post
I'm 5'4 and 32. My current weight is 170 and my waist is 35, but I am an apple frame.
Oh you are so cute!!! And those puppies are amazing!
Technically, is an apple a square or a box? Maybe that's what I am????
Old 02-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #11  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo70 View Post
I was an hourglass. Then went to a barrel and am now a bottom heavy hourglass. I lost mostly around my waist initially. Plus the Jillian Michaels torture chamber had most effects on my waist. Fortunately, my hips started to shrink lately. I am currently 38.5" - 31" - 40.5". There are still rolls of fat on my back, my lower abdomen and below.

I think towards the end it is easier to see results from toning and sculpting the body and the scale becomes somewhat meaningless. Most effects on my shape lately have been due to exercising. I am easily getting into clothes now that barely fit me when I was in the 150s. This is more motivating than thinking about the other 40 lbs that should go.
I agree - I need to start firming up and I don't think my waist size will really matter much ...
Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/135

I'm 5'4" and 196 lbs, with a medium-large build. My waist is currently measuring 40". I'm definitely more apple-shaped, which is totally annoying as the clothes that fit my waist are ridiculously huge in the butt and legs. Sigh. Anyway, I still have 50-60 lbs to lose, and I hope that I can at least get my waist under 35".

ETA: I'm 33, and I had a child 8 months ago. Since having her, I have noticed that my hips are wider. I'm still no where near hourglass, but it is interesting to see how childbearing changes your body!

Last edited by allieballiebee; 02-13-2013 at 10:32 AM.
allieballiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #13  
Keeping it real!

Allieballiebee - thanks for posting! I understand the whole waist fitting and the rest not! I have a decent bum but my legs are pretty thin and I don't have much hips so I always felt like I could hide a diaper if I needed to

Congratulations on the baby!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #14  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I'm an inch taller than you and also large framed and muscular. I wouldn't want to compare waist sizes with you because I am an hourglass figure and have always had an 'ideal' waist-hip ratio even when heavier and less fit.

But I have a goal that's in the 'overweight category' still - and I'm not bothered about it. I remember being at 140lbs before and rocking it, but just desperate to get down to 125. Sometimes it's hard to stop and say "Hey, I look good, I feel good and this is something I can stick with."
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #15  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Oh you are so cute!!! And those puppies are amazing!
Technically, is an apple a square or a box? Maybe that's what I am????
Thanks! We love our dogs to death! I think an apple and a square are the same. I am small arms and legs but a big middle...ugghh
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote