Old 07-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #1  

Default is anyone else on the Carb Addicts Diet? looking for a buddy

Hi, my name is Erin. I've recently started the cad because I'm trying to lose weight I gained during my pregnancy. I have about 80 to lose. I'm hoping to find some other people who have sucess with it. I googled it recently and a lot of people bash it. I don't understand why. When I was a teen I was 50 lbs overweight and it helped me cure an eating addiction as far as I'm concerned. Anywho, I'm hoping to find a few other people on cad or not to be weight loss buddies perhaps? I figure having someone to be accountable to will help me long term.

P.s. I'm not looking for anyone to tell me how bad the diet is. If you're here to do that please leave the page I don't preach to you about your diet.
nextsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #2  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm doing Atkins and don't know much about the Carb Addicts diet but I can say that going liw carb has been the best decision ever. Just don't tell people what you're doing (in the real world.) I hope you find a buddy.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #3  

Hi tiff, glad you found something that works for you. I've done atkins before but its tough for me to stay on long term. Wish you luck! :-)
nextsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi and welcome,

I'm doing the Belly Fat Cure diet which is also low-carb and low sugar. It sounds basically like your diet but we're allowed 6 "servings" of carbs per day and we limit sugars to under 15 grams per day. (can you believe the ave. American eats 285g of suger each day?) They encourage healthy carb swaps vs eliminating carbs altogether. I like it because it eliminates cravings for me.

Good luck in your journey!

Last edited by WebWoman; 07-16-2012 at 11:06 AM.
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #5  

Yes That is a wonderful diet had a friend lose over 100 pounds on it I would like a buddy
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #6  

PS The people who bash this diet are always the one's whom have never been on it and don't understand how it works.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #7  

I am looking into this plan and am seriously considering it; would love to hear from those who have been successful with CAD.

Being primarily vegetarian, Atkins just did not work for me. I have taken the Heller's test to determine if one is a carb addict, and scored quite high (no surprise there!).

I am still in the research phase so I can put a grocery list together and give the CAD a try.

Appreciate any input!

Cheers,
Ava
AvaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 279/279/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi..

I have been struggling with my weight for many years and am realizing that carbs trigger me to eat more .. I bought the carb addicts book and it makes alot of sense as far as how insulin reacts in our bodies. I scored high on the test and the symptoms seem to fit.. I have yet to start the program. But I would love a buddy and like to get any advice from others that have done well on this program.. Just looking for something I can finally stick to.. If you would like a buddy i'd be happy to be yours
mommyleelee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #9  
N

S/C/G: 175/150/135

Height: 5' 3"

I lost 50 pounds in a year on it several years ago and it was easy. What especially worked was knowing I could eat anything if I saved it to the right time, and being able to eat with people and appear to be pretty normal at least once a day.

Now I'm older and have weight cycled enough I can't lose weight on it so I'm having to do Atkins induction. But I intend to go back to CAD for maintenance.

Good luck!
Nan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykaren View Post
PS The people who bash this diet are always the one's whom have never been on it and don't understand how it works.
Yep, I lost 35 lbs on it, and eating cherry pie with ice cream for dessert ! I'm trying something different now, lower carb, but having the carbs throughout the day instead of at one meal. I may go back to CAD ...not sure for now....want to see how this works.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #11  

I'm not on this plan, but I remember it being very popular in the late 90's, and a lot of people lost weight on it. If I recall correctly you didn't have to count carb grams all day, which I hate. If I wasn't on my current plan, I'd probably go on it. It's a shame it's not that popular anymore.
coffeebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 323/320/170

Height: 5'8"

Default I would LUV a buddy!

I'm tired of the skeptics! I KNOW I have an addiction! I tried this diet about 13 years ago and lost 11 lbs in just a few days. I lost so fast that my stretch marks lit up! Then I was introduced to The Protein Plan. I lost about 28 more with that, but not the inches...so I gave up! Recently I have been blogging about my trials and errors. It was probably brought on by my insurance company wanting me to do a diet plan with my doctor for 6 months before they would let me get the gastric bypass. If my weight had been something new, I might have been more enthusiastic about it, but I've tried diets, nearly any which one you can think of!
The only way I can refrain from eating wrong is to limit my carbs. So, anywho, if your still looking for a buddy, or someone else wants to hit me up, That'll be too cool!
pinkncrazee is offline   Reply With Quote