View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #17
Starshine

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyab35 View Post
Starshine,

I am vegetarian and have done these options that you have suggested. I am in maintainence for a month now and try to add protien in every meal. I have used the following other than what you have listed:

1) Make a green smoothie with spinach,kale and other green you can tolerate and add isolate protien powder. I use the one from Costco, Optimum Nutrition Performance Whey. This has 3 gm of carb and 30 gms of protien. That is half the protien I need in one shot! You can add fruits in the maintainence phase, so i do add frozen banana/blueberries somedays.

2) Morningstar Farms meatless Sausage patties with Mint Chutney for dinner! LOL.. I know not an usual combo but it works if you like your protien spicy with mint/coriander chutney. These have 4 gm net carbs and 10 gm of protien per patty, so I have about three of them for 8 oz of protien. You can get mint chutney in any Indian grocery nearby - either in freezer or otherwise.

3) I also use IP packets or EAS shakes now and then in my meal planning.

Hope that helps! The hardest thing being a vegetarian was eating outside of home where there are very few places with protien from vegetarian source.

Hang in there.. Good Luck!

4)
Thank you for this, vidyab35! I've been using Optimum Nutrition for my shakes all along, and do plan on using them for the morning smoothies when I get to maintenance at least a few times a week. Thanks for the tip on the sausage with chutney. That's a new one for me, so I'm excited about that.

Nice to know how you're doing your protein in maintenance. I think I'll do it your way, as we Veggies have to make sure we get an adequate amount during the day.

How else do you find maintenance?

Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote