Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Default Self-Sabotage my life on a yo-yo

A few months ago (Thanksgiving to be exact) I stepped off the scale and stuffed a Krispy Creme into my mouth and never looked back. Hence is where all my hard work went down the drain. I have been living abroad with my husband who is in the military for the past 5 years, and I had felt so neglected when it came to food. All of my favorite foods I had missed for so long can flying at me the second I landed once again on American soil. Literally I (we) headed to every fast food place we could think of for about 6 weeks and I ate, and ate, and ate eveything I could get my greasey paws on.

I joined this forum last January when my DH was deployed to Afganistan I went from 180 to 147 in a few months and was feeling great about myself determined to not ever go down the slippery food slope again. I held onto my new low weight and with my head high and size 6 skinny jeans I pranced around for a few months, but those days are over. I can barely squeeze those bad boys over my hips and if I suck it in until I think I will pass out I can do the buttons only to think they will burst at any moment and my mountain of muffin top will explode like a volcanic eruption.

Ok, so maybe I am being a little dramatic, but I am disgusted in 2 months and 2 weeks that I have packed on a horrific 26lbs!! Literally a 2 year old child! I know I can lose the weight that I the easy part, it's just keeping it off. There are so many temptations, but I know since Ive eaten every single one of them recently that I have had my feel and am ready to get on the bandwagon again and get this weight off me for good.

It really makes me mad that I struggle with this! Food is here to keep me alive and healthy and I just can't understand why I take advantage of that.

So here goes....wish me luck, and a big hug to everyone else that is in my same boat!!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Well,
Looks like you got your head back on straight. I've come to the realization this is something I will have to actively work on for the rest of my life. I would want to eat all sorts of American food too if I was away for that long. But you are pulling in the reigns, so to speak. Good luck on your journey. We all have times of falling off the healthy wagon, gotta get back on!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Hi. I just thought I'd let you know that you are not alone. For most of the last 4 years I've been teaching English in Korea. I was home between April and July of last year and put on about 25 pounds. It didn't help that my fiance and I went to Europe for 3 weeks or that we spent the rest of the time travelling between each others families but I was still disgusted. The sad part is for about half that time we were working out and eating well so it could have been A LOT worse.

I figured as soon as I got back to Korea, July 31st 2012, the weight would come off again just by eating Korean food again. Boy was I wrong. We finally bought a scale the end of October and when I finally got the courage to step on it I had actually gained a pound or two. I couldn't believe it, though I kind of assumed it as my clothes were still tight.

So my journey started AGAIN, hopefully for the last time. I'm doing it right, slow and steady, calorie counting with the odd exercise thrown in. I'm waiting for it to warm up so I can run outside again. And even though I went on a 2 week vacation where I was off plan, I have lost just over 20 pounds and am almost back to my pre-home time last year and my lowest weight as an adult. I'm about 20 pounds from my goal and I know for the first time that I can actually get there.

I know you can do it as well, especially as you've done it before. Good luck.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

@changergirl. We have a bit in common. For the last 5 years I taught English in Spain. I think you learn so much about yourself by living abroad and travelling. So good for you on the loss and being brave enough to live outside the US.
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Best of luck love my doggies... well done on doing it the first time and you will do it the 2nd time

PS fab pic of hubbie and dogs
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Good luck...and also i just have to say, your puppy is the cutest thing ever!!!
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote