Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Question Questions for people with large weight loss

Okay, I have a few questions hopefully you all can help with.

1st. What happens if you have tattoos? Do they wrinkle? "mine are back, neck and calf"

2nd. Excess skin? " I am aiming at dropping around 123 pounds, non smoker, stretch marks, decent genes and 28"

3rd. How much did your breast shrink?

Thank you for any and all help.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/226/160

Height: 5'4''

these are awesome questions! i will keep a eye out for this post! i really hope my tattoos wont mess up and i dont have big tatas so i hope they dont shrink either! ahhhhh
omgsasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #3  

I love my tattoos but I'd rather be healthy "hoping I dont have to pick one or the other lol"and my breast are the only part of my body I enjoy "so does my boyfriend lol"
Old 02-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I have no idea about tattoos as I don't have any. Maybe someone else can chime in with that. THough, if they are on your back, calf and neck, they should be fine.

As far as loose skin goes - it's largely genetics and time. Some people have all of their skin shrink up, some have some, some have very little and it doesn't even depend much on age (though it's probably a bit better being younger). Loose skin takes time to shrink up, so if you have it at first, it might disappear. It can take up to 2 years for it to shrink as much as it will.

Breast size really depends on where you put on weight. If you were thinner before putting on weight and after puberty, you should have a good idea of where your breast size will settle.

I didn't gain much 'fat' in my boobs. I guess they were fuller, but not much different. Band width is what really changed it. I started at a 40G (at 275). At 165 I was wearing a 34F (or DDD). So, just one cup size different. HOWEVER, when I was a teenager, before I gained weight, I was a DD and I probably stuffed myself in those as there were no bigger sizes available.

Others may go from a DD all the way down to an A. It depends on how much of the boob is breast tissue versus fat from being obese.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/226/160

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinforme View Post
I love my tattoos but I'd rather be healthy "hoping I dont have to pick one or the other lol"and my breast are the only part of my body I enjoy "so does my boyfriend lol"
haha i totally agree! i would rather be healthy lol but i hope u dont lose your boobies.... that sounded weird lol i hope i never have to say that again! but i if there was a way i can move my fat to my boobs and butt i would!
omgsasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hi! I've only lost 50lbs and still have about another 50 to go. I have 5 tattoos. They are on my chest, calf, wrist, top of foot, and on the back and none have wrinkled, only got smaller. I think the places where you got them does not have a chance of getting wrinkled, I'd worry if it was on your stomach or inner thighs or something like that.

Excess skin- it depends on how long you've been heavy, how fast the weight loss has been for you and lastly, your genes. Some people don't get them, some people do regardless of how much they have lost. I do have a little bit on my lower stomach and I know I will have some more when I get to goal and below. I used to worry so much about it until I dropped 50lbs and man I feel amazing! The loose skin doesn't bother me anymore, I will take it over being 242lbs again. I also read that it takes at least a year after reaching goal for the skin to catch up. Another thing is some strength/weight training may help minimize the possibility of excess skin but it won't get rid of it 100%.

My boobs shrunk from 42-44D and I am a 36D so again, it all depends on your genes and you can't decide where the fat loss comes off, unfortunately.

HTH!

Last edited by amandie; 02-11-2013 at 04:57 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #7  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Okay, I have a few questions hopefully you all can help with.

1st. What happens if you have tattoos? Do they wrinkle? "mine are back, neck and calf"

2nd. Excess skin? " I am aiming at dropping around 123 pounds, non smoker, stretch marks, decent genes and 28"

3rd. How much did your breast shrink?

Thank you for any and all help.
I've lost 100 + pounds. Been "obese" since like 10th grade (so about 7 years).
1. My wrist tattoos look exactly the same. I have a word on my back that I got when I was 240 lbs and it looks the same.

2. excess skin. yup. My tummy looks flat with clothes, but without clothes, my stretchmarks and tummy look a little deflated. also have loose skin on arm.

3. My bra size went from a full 42 DD to a not so full 36DD. So only the band size went down.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by kisskiss; 02-11-2013 at 05:03 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I have a tattoo on my bicep and it looks great. I thought it would get all out of shape, but it didn't. It looks darker now, too.
I lost about 225 pounds in less than 2 years, I'm 42 and all in all, my skin isn't that bad. Yes, I have excess skin, but you can't see it under clothes. I'll never wear a bathing suit, but who cares. You can see my before and after pics from the link below.
I had humongous boobs. Now? I wear a B cup. And I love it!
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #9  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
My bra size went from a full 42 DD to a not so full 36DD. So only the band size went down.
Cup size is proportional to band size. The cup on a 42DD is larger than the cup on a 36DD. So you did go down somewhat in cup size, even if the letters stayed the same.

I'm at the transition point between 44DD and 42DDD - I am losing enough weight to go to the smaller band size, but unfortunately, haven't lost any actual breast size yet, so I have to go up a cup size now! I'm really hoping that I will start to see some loss and eventually get into something like a 36 or 38DD - I definitely hope I don't end up as something like a 36H!

So having said that, to answer the OP's question, you just never know how or where you will lose the weight. I've even lost it differently different times that I've lost.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #10  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
Cup size is proportional to band size. The cup on a 42DD is larger than the cup on a 36DD. So you did go down somewhat in cup size, even if the letters stayed the same.
hah, thanks. People have tried explaining bra size to me before. i just tend to forget lol
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #11  

Berryblondeboys Thank you, I've always had large breast from very young. The cup has never changed just the band size so maybe I will get lucky

Omgsasha lol thank you that was hilarious but I know exactly what you mean .

Amandie thank you that makes me feel better "I really love my tattoos" and I consider fifty pounds large thats awesome. I'm confused on strength training because I don't like gyms and I dont have much money for equipment. So I dont know what I can do there.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #12  

You girls are my hero, your weight loss is phenomenal. I'm so edited to join you lovely ladies in about a year
Old 02-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #13  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Berryblondeboys Thank you, I've always had large breast from very young. The cup has never changed just the band size so maybe I will get lucky

Omgsasha lol thank you that was hilarious but I know exactly what you mean .

Amandie thank you that makes me feel better "I really love my tattoos" and I consider fifty pounds large thats awesome. I'm confused on strength training because I don't like gyms and I dont have much money for equipment. So I dont know what I can do there.
Don't need much for strength training (though I disagree that it helps with loose skin. I think it helps the body look better, but it doesn't shrink up skin). Using your own body weight is an amazing tool. At most an exercise ball, but even that isn't necessary. There are some great videos out there I'm sure you could use.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #14  

I will have to check it out Thank you Berryblondeboys
Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMarie View Post
I have a tattoo on my bicep and it looks great. I thought it would get all out of shape, but it didn't. It looks darker now, too.
I lost about 225 pounds in less than 2 years, I'm 42 and all in all, my skin isn't that bad. Yes, I have excess skin, but you can't see it under clothes. I'll never wear a bathing suit, but who cares. You can see my before and after pics from the link below.
I had humongous boobs. Now? I wear a B cup. And I love it!
You look amazing in your link, congratulations on all of your success. Such an inspiration!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote