Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Weight Training (Exercise) and Slow loss?

HELP
I am seeing a lot of people loose tons of weight and Im struggling with the slow loss. Ive been told not to do more then 220 minutes of exercise.
I do Zumba and Boot Camp (combined weights and cardio)

What is happening???????
konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #2  

How long have you been on program? Are you loosing inches instead?
CCdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #3  

Opps, just ran into your other update on the January thread.

Did you mean you gained 6 lbs of muscle mass?

LC
Old 01-31-2013, 08:25 PM   #4  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

My center has mentioned that if the scale isn't moving for people, especially women, that they would like to look into the hormone testing. Has your consultant mentioned it before?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #5  

6lbs muscle mass gained.
6% body fat lost
about 10-12" lost

I think its my muscle mass... I just get a little frustrated I need to remember its about inches. But MRC does focus on calling in and giving weight 2 x a week.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #6  

I think its your muscle mass as well. 12" inch loss is AMAZING! and the fat loss!

I understand your frusteration. I was doing my home thing and doing p90x, clean eating, reweighed myself and up 1.4 lbs but my muffin top was reducing from a jumbo to bite size. I'm all about the number on the scale, if it doesn't go DOWN, i'm discouraged!

Hang in there, at my old center, they cut a ribbon that was the length of our inch loss, that sometimes puts it into perspective!

Awesome job, even if the scale isn't moving to much! Hang in there

LC
Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #7  

OOOH i LOVE THAT IDEA!!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5ft 3in

My center recommends hormone testing, I did it because its a reality check. I've struggled with weight loss for what seems like forever. The more answers I have the more I am determined to lose weight.
Angel Eyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #9  
Determined to get my life

S/C/G: 318.5/305.8/165

Height: 5'8.5"

Angel Eyz- did you get the results back from hormone testing?? What are they looking for. I have PCOS so I know my hormones are already messed up. I take metformin for it, but I am not diabetic.
georgiaod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 236/173/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by konacoral View Post
HELP
I am seeing a lot of people loose tons of weight and Im struggling with the slow loss. Ive been told not to do more then 220 minutes of exercise.

What is happening???????
They tell you not to overdo it because you will gain a lot of muscle mass. I know when i was hitting the gym hard and when they toke the tape around my ankles it had gain 2 inches in less than a month.
SatinDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #11  
Female Age 33

S/C/G: 231/193/165

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by konacoral View Post
HELP

What is happening???????

Hi! I've gotta say, you must have some amazing energy! Zumba and Boot Camp...lol. I have lost 38 lbs since August 2012 with virtually NO exercise! I just don't ever seem to have the energy or time to do it! While my weight loss has slowed down since December, that's still not too bad for just changing my eating habits alone! If I was to exercise like you do, I would for sure gain weight. I'm already muscular under my flab lol. The center says I have not lost any muscle, just pure fat! I have tried to exercise a couple of times, but when I do I get extremely hungry afterwards... Maybe soon it'll change for me. But anyhow good luck and hang in there!!!
HowdyTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyTexas View Post
Hi! I've gotta say, you must have some amazing energy! Zumba and Boot Camp...lol. I have lost 38 lbs since August 2012 with virtually NO exercise! I just don't ever seem to have the energy or time to do it! While my weight loss has slowed down since December, that's still not too bad for just changing my eating habits alone! If I was to exercise like you do, I would for sure gain weight. I'm already muscular under my flab lol. The center says I have not lost any muscle, just pure fat! I have tried to exercise a couple of times, but when I do I get extremely hungry afterwards... Maybe soon it'll change for me. But anyhow good luck and hang in there!!!
Thank you! Yes I have quite a lot of energy and its all about eating right with this lifestyle. I really think that the weight loss challenge at my gym has helped me stay motivated.
I do get hungry after working out too. Ive slipped several times and had wheat thins or some kinda crackers because Im dying for crunchie salty bread.
I really do like the social aspect of the gym and the friends I have met there. Since Im doing these videos for the challenge, people are watching me.
I went to a Mardi Gras party the other day and my friends who I dont talk to often said "Im watching your progress" Its so amazing!!!!
It really feels good.

I think I really have to go by the "pantometer" which works great! My pants are all smaller and my stomach especially. Butt is lifted and thighs are 3" smaller (each one!!!)
Its nice to keep moving forward. I think I'll have to make my own videos and watch them for my motivation.