Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 08:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/260/200

Default Scale vs. Measuring Tape

I don't have a measuring tape, I am thinking about buying one. Do you get more results out of one vs. the other? Just curious.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:31 PM   #2  
Refreshed

At this point, I prefer looking at the measuring tape. I'm very close to my goal and need/want to lose inches, not actual weight (not that weight loss wouldn't be welcome).

I think the scale only de-motivates me. It doesn't show accurate weight, especially during my TOM or in terms of muscle weight. I think you should chart your measurements for more accurate results.

Good Luck,

April Marie
Old 10-01-2003, 11:26 PM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Definitely make friends with the measuring tape ....I HATE taking my measurements, especially when first starting out, but I made myself do it....and I"m glad I did.

Now I measure about once a month...and sometimes even tho the scale does not move, the tape measure # gets smaller...a strange and encouraging phenomenon.

I am wearing smaller pants now...and last week they fit okay (they were hiding in the back of the closet)...and today they felt a bit loose, and I noticed when going to the washroom, I could slip them off without undoing the button/hook and zipper? Very funny, considering I have not lost any weight since last week!

Time for new pants? or a hunt thru the closet again!

Froufy
Old 10-02-2003, 08:29 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Okay you talked me into it.....
Old 10-02-2003, 11:02 AM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

YAY Leens...go for it. I know it's scary at first (and my numbers are hidden away in a secret location and if anyone finds them I will have to kill them!), but it sure can be motivating when things are otherwise slow.

I only measure about once every 4-6 weeks as I don't lose inches quickly...but slow and steady wins the race!

Good luck!

Froufy
Old 10-02-2003, 03:25 PM   #6  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

I wasn't going to measure my body parts....until I tried on my winter coat yesterday. Last year it was too tight to even zipper and yesterday I found that I now have about 5 inches of room in front of my belly! WooHoo!!!!!

Measuring tonight....
Old 10-02-2003, 04:12 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Okay, now I'm definitly going to measure myself, you all have me so pumped up (oh I sound like Arnold Schwarts-in-something-or-other) lol .... LORDY BE!

I gotta do it b/4 hubby gets home or he'll watch...men (oink).
Closed Thread