Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Default Wonderslim 9

Started a new one because the old one is about at it's post limit.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #2  
Yeah, Im new

Thanks Shero!

A little but about me: Im from MD, mother of two awesome boys. Engaged to the love of my life <3 I weigh 228 which is the heaviest Ive ever been. I would say my 'normal' weight is 180 to 195. However, I was never really happy at that range. According to the BMI charts, my ideal weight is 120 lbs for my height. But I know that 120 lbs is unrealistic. My goal is 150 lbs.

I will be sticking to the WonderSlim plan but will be using Metabolic Reset shakes in place for the WS shakes. This is only because I bought 3 large tubs of it months ago and don't want them to go to waste. I would like to stay under 1100 calories per day.

Today was my day 1 and it was not so bad. I was proud of myself for sticking to the plan despite having so many snacks and junkfood around the house.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #3  

Amelia-I love your name. Have you checked out Lose-it.com.... There is a free program that you can keep track of your food and exercise. What is the difference in calories and Nutrients between the Metabolic Reset Shakes and Wonderslim?

When are you getting married???
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #4  

Hi, I've been catching up on the WS threads over the last couple weeks and thought I'd post. I decided I would try Medifast but after spending three days after Christmas researching it online, I decided on WS instead. I started Jan 3. So far so good.

My weight has been up and down all my life but in the last 10 years, except during a stint on WW, it's steadily been going up. (Doggone this middle age!) It's taking a toll on me physically and I have to do something.

I'm going to try to get back to exercising this week. I usually do an eliptical early in the morning but haven't bothered since Thanksgiving so I may start off slower on the treadmill. Is anyone else exercising or had issues with it since beginning WS?

Good luck to us all. I don't know how often I'll be posting, but I will be reading regularly.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #5  

I've been lurking a while, too, and decided it a time to join. I'm from Iowa, 50 years old, hubby & I have 2 sons.

I've done a couple diets the past years but don't have many losses to show for it. A friend lost big on IP, but I don't have a clinic nearby. When I researched for alternatives, I found Wonderslim. My order arrived Saturday, my first day was today. So far, I think I need to get up earlier to get all this food in! I also forgot to eat my morning snack but worked it in in the afternoon and I didn't get all the water down. I hope practice makes perfect!

Thanks for your posts, they've been a big help.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 8"

So great to hear from everyone. And get to know you all a little better
It's been a long day so I won't post much tonight. I am enjoying the simplicity of WS. With my busy life it works so well!
Hope you all have a great Tuesday. Remember it's one day, one meal, one bite at a time.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/233.6/145

Height: 5' 7"

Hi, everyone. It is going to be super fun in here!

I had a pretty bad day yesterday & ate about it....but am back on program today. And I have a plan for the next time this happens.

I did get on the scales today after my carb load last night & was up 2 lbs.

Amelia - Good to get to know you better.

Button&bones - I was told to take it really easy for the first two weeks. I didn't do much the first week & started walking this week. I'm planning to hit the gym staring next week.

Namaste say it well...one day, one meal, one bite at a time.

Shero - Thanks for the encouragement. I love hearing about your puppies.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Thanks for the welcome,Shero.

I am a 61 yr old widow, from Illinois,with 2 grown sons and a 10 month old grandson. Like so many, I have been doing this diet thing on/off for years.

Wonderslim is similar to a diet I did over 20 years ago through a weight loss center. At that time I lost 75 lbs in 8 months. I never gained all the weight back,but I never kept it all off.

When my husband passed away, I was doing WW, but I quit, because I had a difficult time being around crowds.That was almost 10 years ago. I have since joined and quit WW a couple more times,but it just did not seem to be working for me any more.

So now that you know more than you probably wanted to, I am glad to find this group, I think it is easier to do this when you have support from others.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #9  
Grandmaof2

S/C/G: 157/157/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone, I'm nearly 55 with about another 15 pounds to lose. I'm a slow loser and have done WW and NS in the past. I decided to try Diet Direct foods and just yesterday found bariatricsource where I ordered a nice introductory kit for $49 which was a great price.

So far all the foods are pretty good and the WonderSlim pudding/shakes are so much better than other ones I tried in the past and with only 100 cal. it's a great snack when I get a sweet craving.

So far, I love the pancakes, cereal, vegetarian joe, shake/puddings (all that I've tried so far) and am looking forward to trying the dinners. I had to finish off my last order of Nutrisystem food first as I can't just waste money but know they are too high in carbs for me. I also find eating every 3 hours or so helps me not to binge eat.

I look forward to following this thread and the insight everyone has as well as the great support here!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #10  
Grandmaof2

S/C/G: 157/157/130

Height: 5' 4"

Also, can someone tell me how to get the weight ticker? I've got 29 posts and have been here since November so I should be qualified for one now.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #11  

Here is my log for the day from lose it.com I cut and pasted it:

Fat 38.9g 25.6%
Saturated Fat 8.8g
Cholesterol 201.2mg
Sodium 2,579.5mg I think this number is high...
Carbohydrates 133.4g 39.1%
Fiber 9.1g
Sugars 20.2g
Protein 120.3g 35.3%

Foods I ate today:

Berry Smoothie 2 Servings 200 calories
Bar, Pure Protein 1 Serving 200

Gravy-Chicken 4 Servings 100 (Dry mix)
Chicken Breast, Skinless, Cooked 2 Each 284
Rice, White, Medium Grain, Cooked 1 Cup 242
Peas, Garden, Frozen 1/2 Cup 52
Mushrooms, Shitake, Pieces, Canned 1/2 Cup 41

Snacks:

Tuna Salad 1 Serving 210
Crackers, Ritz 4 1/3 Pieces 69

Finally have the protein close to the carbs....
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #12  

Welcome to all the new posters. I am getting excited.

To post a ticker you go to User CP-Left upper corner of thread. Edit Signatures..... Time2beFit-let me know if this helps......

Irish51-Wonderslim is the same nutrients as Weight Loss Clinic. Sorry for the loss of your husband.

Just a quick explaination of finding diet direct. I bought some Weight Loss Clinic nutrients through the newspaper. Did great on it so when I started looking for more I found Diet Direct-I compared everything-it is the same. I recently found another website that is a little cheaper than Diet Direct, I believe it is the same one as Time to be fit.

http://www.bariatricfoodsource.com/default.asp

I have ordered some items-I will let you know for sure. Guys it's so great to be feeling hope. Cant wait for tomorrow...weigh in day.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #13  
Yeah, Im new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shero View Post
Amelia-I love your name. Have you checked out Lose-it.com.... There is a free program that you can keep track of your food and exercise. What is the difference in calories and Nutrients between the Metabolic Reset Shakes and Wonderslim?

When are you getting married???
Thanks Shero, your so kind!

I LOVE Lose-It! I found it while browsing for calorie tracking apps. It is awesome and I know its going to be an excellent tool for keeping me on track. Plus, its so convenient since I have it right on my phone.

I dunno when we are getting married lol. We have been engaged for 3 years and keep pushing the date back. Hopefully it will be before the end of this year.

I was thinking that I would just use up what I have of my Metabolic Reset shakes but upon comparing the two, I think I will stick with them instead of the WS shakes. Heres the breakdown:

Metabolic Reset: Vanilla Flavor
Calories: 130
Calories from Fat 5
Total Fat 0.5 g <1%
Cholesterol 2 mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 13 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g 22%
Soluble Fiber 4 g *
Sugars 2 g *
Protein 21 g
Vitamin A (as beta carotene) 1667 IU 33%
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 20 mg 34%
Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol) 133 IU 33%
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 10 IU 33%
Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate) 0.5 mg 33%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.57 mg 33%
Niacin (as niacinamide) 6.67 mg 33%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 0.67 mg 33%
Folic Acid 133 mcg 33%
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 2 mcg 33%
Biotin (as biotin triturate) 100 mcg 33%
Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate) 3.33 mg 33%
Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate and from Whey Protein Isolate) 500 mg 50%
Phosphorus (as dicalcium phosphate) 330 mg 33%
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 50 mcg 33%
Magnesium (as magnesium oxide) 130 mg 33%
Zinc (as zinc oxide) 5 mg 33%
Copper (as copper gluconate) 0.67 mg 33%
Sodium 150 mg 6%
Potassium 125 mg 4%
Whey Protein Isolate 23 g *
Viscofiber® Proprietary Blend (Viscofiber® Oat Beta-Glucan Concentrate; Inulin (chicory root extract); Xanthan Gum) 8 g

Wonder Slim:
Calories: 100
Fat 1.5g
Protein 15g
Carbs 7g
Sugar 4g
And 20% DV of most of the nutrients.

So, it seems like even though the MR shakes have more calories, it have alot more protein and more nutrients. It seems to really keep my hunger in control because I always have one for breakfast and never really feel hungry. I may even decide to start replacing more meals with shakes.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #14  
Yeah, Im new

Thanks joy.

Thats good to hear that your back on plan. Im curious to know what your plan will be if that happens again, care to share?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #15  

Here is an old post I found:

My coworker also brought in some info from her husbands nutritionist-It has a guide of protein: 60g for women, 75g for men.
Closed Thread