Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #1  

Default Xyngular?

I've been off and on these forums for years. I have a friend harping at me to try Xyngular Ignite. I'm always the skeptical one. The claims are 8-15 pound weight loss your first 8 days which consists of mainly detoxing and high protein snacks, and of course their shakes. Then the testimonials (including my friend) are that people are losing 20-30 pounds a month on this.

As I said, I'm always a skeptic. Plus, in my head, rapid weight loss is not a good thing. I've looked around on the web for reviews and get mixed things. Just curious to see if anyone has tried this?
leighannester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Looking at the ingredients (which actually weren't that easy to find), it contains quite a few ingredients I'd be worried about, especially if you are taking other medications.

There is a diuretic/laxative in one of the primary products. Laxatives shouldn't be taken for more than a few days because your body can get addicted to them. The diuretic/laxative would cause weight loss from water weight and increased bowel movements.

Other than that, it seems pretty standard stuff including fiber to help fill you up and green tea/caffeine to give you a slight boost to your metabolism.

The price? a total scam.

I'd say save your money here. If you are having trouble with fullness, there are fiber supplements that you can take.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #3  

That's what I was thinking. I had talked to my doctor about it, but she had never heard of it. Like what I said, her biggest concern was the rapid weight loss. But that was just based upon the little info I told her. We didn't even get into what is in the product.

She and I agreed what I should lean towards is Weight Watchers and exercise.

Thank you so much for your input!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #4  

So my friend actually came up with "Well your doctor is clearly doing a disservice to you by discouraging you from trying it." So you've sold this product for 5 minutes and you are an "expert" over my doctor who I've had for 20 years, who has common sense AND a medical degree?