Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 01:02 PM   #1  

Angry 300+ and Ready to Try Again #420

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Sunday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 01:22 PM   #2  

Good Afternoon Gals,

Congrats to all the losers!!! We are all winners though, just because we are on this journey. My memory fails me, and since this is the beginning of a new thread, I have already forgotten who said what!!! Is that not pitiful?

I just finished my workout, and may go outside and take a walk, before I go to work, it is an absolutely glorious day...

Connie, great to see you again.

2 cute: hope today is a much better day.

To all the rest of you Chicklets, I love you all, and hope you have a healthful day.

sw 356 June 6, 2003
cw 316 - down 40 lbs!!!!!
next goal: lose 50 lbs by 10/31
next goal: lose 75 by 2/04
next goal: lose 100lbs by 6/04
final goal: 130 ish
Old 10-01-2003, 01:39 PM   #3  

Thumbs up HELP - SOMETHING ATE MY POST!!!

I had a long post ready to submit and lost it!!! I was logged in when I started the new thread and when I went to submit my post the computer said I wasn't logged in. GRRRR!!!

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT LOSSES!!!!

I made "Kat's Chicken" and it was very good. I will be making this again, probably next week since the veggies are on sale at the grocery. I plan to add more cabbage next time, I forgot how cabbage cooks away.

Well, my computer time here is up. I used most of it typing the post I lost.

Catch you all later. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:43 PM   #4  

Pam - it's October, that means it is time for

TENNESSEE vs ALABAMA

GO VOLS ROLL OVER THE TIDE !!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 02:16 PM   #5  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Ladies

I FINALLY made it to my TOPS meeting yesterday (last week-don't ask !) I LOST 5 LBS!!

Pam: Don't worry about forgetting posts-you're not alone And congrats on your great progress!

Tina: Your new picture is lovely. And I'm so glad you found a good WW group-congrats on your loss too!

Jen: ONE-derland-WOW

2 Cute: Hope you enjoyed your vacation

Peek: That poem was wonderful. A lot of us aren't getting that much support at work or home, so we come to places like 3FC for encouragement. Thank God for the internet!

To the lady who was lurking (see, there I go again! ). Your post got to the heart of why being OP is so hard. Food for me and many of us has become our drug of choice. We use it to dull our pain, and when it's not there, we go through a withdrawal of sorts. But if we keep taking care of ourselves the way God intended, we can break through the pain and experience victory.

See you all soon!
Old 10-01-2003, 05:58 PM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girls!
Warning --- I am whiny and moody right now......proceed with caution!

My tummy was upset in the middle of the night so I kept waking up to go to the potty, therefore I didn't get enough sleep and didn't get up to go to the gym! I knew today was going to be busy, but I didn't realize how busy. I have been non-stop from the moment my feet hit the ground -- this is the first time today I have had more than 5 minutes to myself. I had meeting after meeting. One of which was a big presentation I was facilitating for a vendor - about 15 people were suppose to attend - guess how many showed up??? 3!!!!!!!! I was so mad --- no e-mail, no phone call, just didn't show!!! As it turns out, it was fine, because the 3 people that showed were the most important, but Grrrrr - c'mon people, a little courtesy please!!! Then I came back to my desk to have a slew of e-mails from my boss about all kinds of stuff. He's one of those people that I can easily go a month without even talking to, but when he gets his mind going he just starts firing off message after message.... I can't complain, he's a great boss, just caught me at a bad time. Now, I am sitting here knowing I still have a hour drive home and I just don't want to get in the car, but I want to be at home. "Beam me up Scotty"!

Phew....that was a rant! I actually feel a little better after getting it out. Thanks for listening! You guys are the Best!!!!

I know there are lots of Congratulations to send out!!!! I'll try to do personal replies later or in the morning!

Sorry to whine and run.......

Barb
Old 10-01-2003, 07:03 PM   #7  

Good Evening Chicklets. All is well here, hope it is wherever you are too. Thinking of you always.
Sandy
Old 10-02-2003, 01:16 AM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening ladies....
Today was a better "emotional" day... but my food was not.
I don't think I was stuffing feelings... just enjoying eating.
I know all about stuffing feelings. I did it throughout my vacation.

Thanks for all the words of support. It is nice to know people do understand... somewhat.
It is hard to totally understand when you don't hear the whole story.

I kept myself VERY BUSY today. I worked at the old house getting set up for another big garage sale. I am having one Friday and Saturday. Donating what does not sell. Hope to get most of the shed up to the house to put in the sale. No room for all the stuff in the attic. Maybe if I still have enough up in the attic to have one more sale before October is over. I am DETERMINED to have that old house totally empty and done by the end of this month. I get NO HELP from my husband in this area. He HATES going there and working. He gets soooo moody I hate for him to be there with me.

My goal is to have the old house DONE in Oct and the new house done by Thanksgiving. We still need to paint two bathrooms and find something for a couple of large empty walls. I also need a ceiling fan over my kitchen table. I used a ceiling fan DAILY in the old house and I want one in this house too. We have several in other rooms... but not in the kitchen area. Not YET. LOL

It is past midnight and so it is time for me to head to bed.
I just wanted you to know that I am better today.
Hard work is a good cure all. Being productive is so nicer than being lazy.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

No time to post. Computer problems = long story that is frying my mind.

I've had three great food days this week. I walked the dog vigourously last night. I even added some light jogging to get my heart rate up. TOM has eased up and the scale is dipping back down to where it was before the trip.

I had promised to get caught up and that didn't happen again last night because of the computer.

Barb - Have you heard Van Morrison's "Days like this"? I love that song - mama said, there'd be days like this....mama said. They suck and have a great day today!

Kat - I'm so excited for you dipping into new numbers. We're about at the same spot so I'm rooting for you and so thrilled!

Everyone else - I will get caught up! Have a fabulous day; get moving! be strong! but most of all BE HAPPY!
Old 10-02-2003, 10:17 AM   #10  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!

There isn't much posting going on - I hope you are all doing okee-dokey!!!

Sorry about my whiney post last night!!! I am feeling much, much better today!!!! I have no meetings, just a day at my desk to work, work, work (an surf the Internet a little )

Last night when I got home I checked my work e-mail and had a nice message from my boss telling me to keep up the good work - that was nice to hear and helped me sleep a little better last night. Sorry I didn't stop in to chat. I was planted on the couch under a comfy quilt watching TV.

I didn't get up for the gym again today. I went 5 days in a row and then skipped yesterday. I won't get there tonight, but if I get home at a decent time I'll hop on the treadmill or take the dogs for a walk. I will be back at the gym tomorrow morning!

Tonight is Survivor and CSI!!!

See you guys later!
Barb
Old 10-02-2003, 10:46 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Just a quick "good Mornin". Lots to do at work today.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:12 PM   #12  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy

My dearest Friends, my grandma passed away this morning at about 4:20am. My family is very sadden. Although it hurts, I am comforted that she is with GOD. My grandma was 84 years old, she had been in the hospital these past couple days with bronchites and heart problems and last night she had a stroke. My oldest sister had stayed with her all of yesterday and then called all the rest of my family together as the doctors were not expecting her to make to today.
I have to admit I have issues with my extended family (aunts and uncles) but now is not the time express them. I just need to let you all know that my sisters are very caring and compassionate and I thank GOD that I have them.
Although the reality hasn't really hit me yet, I am trying to stay strong for all of them and my own children. I ask that you keep us in prayer, and I thank you friends.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:20 PM   #13  
Dancing those pounds away

joe anne... {{{ HUGS }}}
I am so sorry to hear of loss. I have sent prayer your way and we are here for you to come confide in. Many of us here have lost loved ones and know what you are going through. {{{ HUGS }}}
Old 10-02-2003, 02:00 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

JoAnne sorry for your loss I lost my grandmother this time last year and I still miss her loads
Old 10-02-2003, 02:14 PM   #15  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

jo anne,
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You are right to put aside the issues concerning your relatives and concentrate on loving your family and remembering the best of your Grandmother. {{HUGS}}

j-ann
Closed Thread