UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Default Anybody else plan all their meals?

My bf and I tended to plan our evening meals but I was struggling to stay on plan with breakfast and lunch mainly cos I didn't usually have any breakfast and lunch was whatever I could get my hands on. However this week my bf suggested that I plan all meals to see if that helps, so have a strict plan that so far is going really well. I know what I'm going to eat before I even get up cos its written down and I know that it is low syn or free so I can use my syns for a dessert or treat later on. My online diary counts my syns so I know how many I have used. Feeling really good and going for loss this week.

So does anyone else plan ALL their meals and do you stick to it religiously or give yourself a bit of leeway?

Last edited by roobear; 02-05-2013 at 11:18 AM.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #2  

I plan all meals a week in advance. Only if I am genuinely hungry do I have anything extra. I find if it is written down it is much easier to just eat what I have planned than think about other (less healthy) options. Having said that this week is a nightmare and I am constantly starving - don't know what's going on!
Athel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #3  

yep I plan too, because its almost impossible to buy healthy ready made stuff for lunch etc, even if you get a pre-made salad its mega high in fat and calories with the dressing etc, when I plan in advance I can count the calories as I go and make sure I don't go over my daily limit, I couldn't lose weight without pre planning
SammyE13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Yep, me too! I always add up all the calories in MFP every morning as well so I know if I have any left for an extra pitta bread or a square of chocolate

Makes life much easier!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #5  
i CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

S/C/G: 230/226/140

Height: 5 4

I joined mfp this week and have decided to plan at least each day in advance. I too have put all the days calories into my diary on mfp to see if I can afford a biscuit or extra snack later.
lolloveschocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #6  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

I use MFP to plan my food and exercise for the next day most evenings (or in the morning if I'm running behind), I find it easier to stay eating healthy stuff if it's already planned out - takes all the thinking out of it when I'm hungry - when I'm hungry I tend to make baaad decisions, and also then there are no nasty surprises when I look back over what I've eaten! But I normally leave a little wiggle room so I can have a little extra if I need it!
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote