Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #1  

Unhappy don't know what to do anymore

hello everyone!!

i started my diet last august i was 260 now i'm 186

i'm doing a protein diet but with real food i eat 85 grams of lean meat + 1 cup of vegetables x5 so i'm around 750 calories a day...
and i trained 4 days a week

but the last two weeks i gained 3 pounds....
i really don't know what to do anymore...

should i do a cheat meal? should i change my diet?

i need to lose weight fast because in 3 months i will have my lower body lift...

please help me

thank you ladies
vanillacupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Why are you eating so little? Especially with all the exercise you are doing? Doing that for too long will mess you up in the long run.

I don't have much advice on how to fix it when you hurt your body like that, I'm sorry
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

your starving your body! With all that exercise you NEED to eat more!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #4  

but with a protein diet like IP people eat the same amount of calories of me and they are still loosing weight....

how many calories do you think i should eat?

thank you ladies for your time!
vanillacupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #5  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Even on low carb, weight loss is not always linear. There are any number of things that could account for a temporary increase on the scale - TOM, eating something salty, not drinking enough water, etc.

If your plan has been working for you and you feel good following it, I'd say to stick with it, and chances are good that you will see a loss soon enough.

But it's also not always realistic to try to lose X amount of weight by a specific time, so there are no guarantees you will be at your final weight in 3 months.

And I'm not an expert on surgery, but it seems like most people have to maintain a loss for a while prior to the surgery, rather than schedule it at a time when they are still actively losing?
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

I did IP last year and once I phased off gained all the weight back plus 10 lbs so I know the program very well, However I don’t recommend the program to be honest. Yes they lose a great deal of weight but most once they stop it all comes back on and fast. So unless you plan on doing it for life I would not suggest it, personal option however. Since you are exercising a great deal I would say you need to be consuming at least 1000 cals a day, and 30-40g of carbs. The people who do IP DO NOT EXERCISE and its highly not recommended to do so as the calories are so low your body starts to starve and you gain weight. Those people who do IP and exercise consume 4 packages a day plus 4 cups of veggies.
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #7  

When dieting you have to make sure that you eat enough to not lose too much muscle mass. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for a future weight gain, since your muscles are a major calorie burner.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #8  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm doing a high protein/high fat/low carb diet and when it stops working I find, oddly, that having a cheat day where I let myself go carb crazy usually kicks of a weight loss whoosh. You might try that. I tend to carb cycle just based on how my body feels.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #9  

Looking through what you said you eat, you're not eating any way near enough but the thing that seems to be missing from your diet is fat. I would suggest you up the quantity of fat that you take in the form of cheese, butter, cream or whatever else you fancy eating that contains a higher amount of fat.

Hope that helps,

Mark
MarkMoxom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/220/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
I'm doing a high protein/high fat/low carb diet and when it stops working I find, oddly, that having a cheat day where I let myself go carb crazy usually kicks of a weight loss whoosh. You might try that. I tend to carb cycle just based on how my body feels.
I feel funny even suggesting "cheating" on this site but I have to admit that the same thing happens to me. Just don't expect to be able to do it often and don't do it more than one day!
sailingsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillacupcake View Post
but with a protein diet like IP people eat the same amount of calories of me and they are still loosing weight....

how many calories do you think i should eat?

thank you ladies for your time!
On IP any exercise above light walking is prohibited for this very reason.
It doesn't allow exercise until phase 3 when more carbs are reintroduced.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #12  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I'm eating low cal and low carb and I had to up my caloric intake after the first 75 pounds because I stalled out and felt gross. You're talking LAST August, as in 2012? That's a heck of a loss at that weight in a six month time frame! Your body might just need a break because you're eating very low calorie. I'm at a NET of 800 after eating back my exercise calories, (so usually around 1500 a day) and that's Doctor Supervised.

I second the "cheat" thing. Every two or three months I take a week to ten days and go off plan. This doesn't mean that I binge, but I add more carbs, eat bread and the occasional meal out etc. I still do my exercise for the most part. I actually just came off a week break to get out of a stall.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote