View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 AM   #10
amandie
Gettin' it done!

S/C/G: HW- 242 Restart SW:166 7/24/14

Height: a little over 5'2

I like cottage cheese with hot sauce, red pepper flakes and cracked black pepper as a dressing and it adds protein as well so I rarely need meat or whatever on top. Great with any lettuce and/or spinach and other veggies. PS, try cottage cheese with any vinegar, it is good with red wine and balasmic if you do not like hot sauce.

My personal favorite salad is the Sweet Italian- chopped romaine, crumbled bacon, grated parmesan, shredded provel or mozzerella (any white cheese would work) and homemade sweet italian dressing (dry zesty italian dressing mix with red wine vinegar and splenda or sugar, whichever you'd prefer.) Do not add dressing until ready to eat. Does not do well as leftovers from experience.

Broccoli slaw salad- Dried cranberries, walnuts or pecans and broccoli slaw with mixture of mayo, splenda (or miracle whip) and red wine vinegar. Leave in fridge overnight for flavors to go through. I would not recommend using whole florets for this, seems like a waste to me and hard for the flavors to really get through. The dressing (mayo, splenda and red wine vinegar) would be good for coleslaw too.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill

Last edited by amandie : 02-05-2013 at 02:24 AM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote