View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
KerriLeah

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

I'm in a rush pretty much every morning. But for the last month, I've been packing a salad in my lunch bag for work along with my other foods for the day. I get a bag of mixed greens, and a bag of mixed vegetables and add a scoop of each to my salad bin. One bag I prefer has broccoli, carrots and snap peas. The other bag of veggies I just finished off has broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. I found a bag of "Almond Accents" and a tablespoon is 40 calories. These add a salty, nutty layer. If I have an extra minute, I thinly slice cucumber across the top of my salad.

Then I use light ranch. It's my go-to at work. At home I use light Italian or Ken's Light Caesar and pour half the oil out of the bottle, leaving just a ton of barely oiled up seasonings at the bottom half of the bottom. Caesar flavor, half the calories and fat.

These are my salads, and I typically pair them with a frozen meal at lunch because the frozen meals don't give me enough fill-me-up feeling. And I still typically pull off lunch for less than 450 calories.

When I make a big dump salad at home, I do all of the above, but love to throw in sliced mushrooms, red onions, bell peppers and cucumbers. I use bacon crumbles, croutons and cheeses sparingly as a topping, not a main ingredient.

First major goal to lose 10% of my 355lb weight Jan 1, 2013 (35.5lbs=319.5)!! MET IT ON FEB 2014!!
Next goal 20% of my 355lb weight (20% = 284#)
1 dancing marshmallow for every 5 pounds I lose to not look like one anymore!

KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote