View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #39
Arabella
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Day 1

Snow day here today, not for me but schools and many work places are closed. DH didn't have to travel this morning, so will only have to be away for 3 nights this week, which is a break for him.

'Tis a winter wonderland out there, the temperature just around the freezing mark, so the snow is clinging to all the branches. Very pretty. I think I'll walk DH back to work after lunch and around the harbour. Settling in for a comfy and un-harried morning's work, planning to do some yoga or qi qong scattered throughout.

I've been a bit short of my steps and haven't done yoga or sub Sat. or Sun. Will do it today!

Amarantha, you're so right -- even when weight is no longer an issue, the work-and-overeating-related zombification is not a healthy or nurturing mode. It's heartening for me to know you know what that is like. Really, it feels awful other than the brief moments of relief. And then, for me, the horrible stress about being "out of control." Who needs it!

Taking breaks when I should, without involving food, is an important part of retraining my behaviour. And, anyway, I firmly believe that I'm more efficient and produce better work when I take lots of breaks.

That said, I should have some breakfast and then do some work. Let's make this a good one!

Onederland by July

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Arabella : 02-04-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote