View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #26
Hotaruchan
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

peachflesh: I haven't been able to keep up with football at all since being in Japan...I honestly didn't even know who was in it until all of the bandwagon-y people started declaring victory/b***hing on facebook. And I guess there was a power outage? That must have been interesting. In any case, I hope your will power held out if you went to the party. Beer is my downfall...

Kawaii: Man, you're kicking butt! Leopalace is a pretty big chain of shitty little マンション that cater to foreigners. Unfortunately my company has some kind of contract with them, so they try to force you into living in them...there's really no English resources where I am out in the boonies, so I don't feel comfortable enough in my Japanese to try to find my own apartment and navigate the key money BS and everything. The only plus side to Leopalaces is that the furniture and internet are included. My apartment made one of my friends' apartment in Tokyo look like a palace...and she was in a pretty small place >.<

I almost bought a giant maki yesterday because I went to do my shopping late enough that everything was half off...I was going to cut it in half and eat it for two days, but then I remembered that rice gets dry and nasty after a day in the fridge, and with no re-heating to try to revive it, I figured it wouldn't be worth it.

----

So I just discovered something wonderful...Sukiya sells microwave gyudon packets. The expectation is that you add your own rice and end up with Sukiya-style gyudon (which I adore). Well, the packets of meat and onions are only 128 calories. I popped one in the microwave for a minute then emptied it over a plate of salad instead of rice and BAM...mouthgasm dinner for under 250 calories. Didn't even need dressing on the salad because there was the gyudon sauce. HOW DID I NEVER KNOW THESE EXISTED?

In less-awesome news, I'm done with classes with my favorite 3rd and 4th graders...my JTE and I alternate 3/4 and 5/6 at that school, and I'm stuck with the older kids for the last rotation. I have 1st graders mashed in too, but the 3rd and 4th graders are my favorite to teach because they're old enough that they can control their excessive genki-ness if needed, but young enough that school in general (especially English) is still magical to them. At least I still have 4th graders at one of my other schools...

Mini Goal: 170 lbs by August 11th (It'll be a very happy birthday indeed)--Reached 7/25/12
Mini Goal #2: Normal BMI (under 155 lbs)--Reached 12/3/12
5 lbs gets me a dragonfly:
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote