Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #1  
Changing my lifestyle

Height: 6'3"

Default Been a tough week...

This week has been tough and I don't know why. I've been going strong since the first of the year and have been doing GREAT, but this week seems to be a struggle all of the sudden and I don't know why. I am still continually losing weight, but it just seems to be getting more difficult! Last night I broke down and had this Reese snowman i've had in the fridge since Christmas. It was like 700 calories. Don't know why I caved like that. I have got to keep pushing myself. I've lost 40 pounds so far in my first month cause I've busted my A$$. I don't want to lose this motivation I've got going!
brandonjohnston84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/192/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Brandon! This happens to all of us at some point in our journey. Forgive yourself and start your plan again immediately. Not tomorrow. Now. You can do this!
thinin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #3  
Changing my lifestyle

Thanks! Yea, i'm back in the game. It was just a personal let down for myself. Just really bums me out that I folded that easy, but as I said, I am back and in charge of my life!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #4  

I believe this week and next week are the weeks that people start dropping off on their gym and food habits they started on January 1st. Don't be part of the statistics!!!

Seriously though, it's exhausting to change our ways and start new habits. At least it was for me. I feel like I think about my food and exercise all day every single day, even when the day is planned and/or complete. Then I start thinking about tomorrow! Makes me tired just writing that to you!

You have done amazing so far, move on from your snowman (that sounds delicious btw!) and know that the snowman is not strong enough to break your dedication to yourself.

You got through the hardest days, the first month of your new lifestyle in eating!! Keep going!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

My best advice?

Get rid of everything that might tempt you!
You can do this! Good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Glad to hear you are back on course! It goes in waves. The motivation.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #7  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi Brandon- forgive yourself and move onYou have done a great job don't let this undermind your resolve. I am from the camp one slip-up does not define the race.. I look as everyday is a chance for a new beginning..give yourself a DO
Over and keep pushing through to the finish line.
Good Luck,Roo2

Last edited by Roo2; 02-03-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #8  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I did a little digging in your posts and found that consists of eating about 1000 calories a day and you're making your own food. A lot of people would say this is way to low for a guy your size. I personally would say so long as a large percentage of those calories are coming from protein and you're getting plenty of veggies that your nutritional needs are probably being met so the plan is fine from that perspective.

The real question is are you setting yourself up for binging behavior? Is this sustainable for the long term? Are you feeling deprived on a daily basis?

You said this week has been tough and you don't know why. I don't know why either but it might have something to do with the massive caloric deficit you are creating which enables you to lose 40lbs in a month. Granted a number of those lbs are water but if you've lost 30 lbs of fat in a month that means you're creating a 3500 daily deficit. So you're either a really big guy or you're also doing quite a bit of exercise. Either way you need to be careful about such a large deficit.

I've seen people who can bare down and will power their way to losing a massive amount over the course of a year. I've also seen people who lost very fast but then couldn't sustain things and reverted back to their old eating habits after a couple of months.

You may want to consider increasing your intake on a daily basis or have a couple of built in "free meals" during the week to help you out psychologically.

Goodluck and keep posting.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #9  
Changing my lifestyle

Thanks for your reply John. I think the main reason this week has been rough on me is because the dish I created for my dinners this week was a pasta dish. Although the dish is very delicious, it is not a large portion like the other dinners I make compared to the calories it consists of, thus, it's not filling me up like those other meals where i'm able to eat a lot more and keep it at the same calorie level. Gonna be awhile before I add pasta to being one of my main dishes of the day, just too many calories and not as filling as other choices I could be making.

Yes, I know that 1,000 a day is not a lot, but I am getting plenty of those veggies and other nutritional needs. I am able to eat all 3 meals a day and usaully 1 or 2 snacks as well.

My goal is 120 pounds in the next 13 months. I know that sounds extreme, but I am really confident that I can do it. The exercising is the hardest part for me right now just because of how extremely cold it's been outside. Can't wait for the spring to get here so i can get out there and bust my rear end at burning some major calories and fat.

To answer your question, yea, i'm a big guy. I am currently around 345lbs and am 6'3". I've always carried my weight well, but it's getting WAY too much!!! My goal is 225.

Thanks again John for weighing in with your comment!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Hey Brandon--I made pasta puttanesca tonight with spaghetti squash, and it was soooooo good! I'll bet you would like that, and you can have a more filling amount. :-)
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjohnston84 View Post
I've lost 40 pounds so far in my first month cause I've busted my A$$.
40 pounds in a month??? How on earth...

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I want me some Reeces Snowman!

Seriously, John knows stuff...
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote