View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #8

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Originally Posted by sophiedoodle View Post
Wow thanks, my bad... i am terribly new to this stuff... so my partner was just diagnosed as hypoglycemic and it certainly is simliar to my diabetic episodes... how are you doing?
I am doing much better with the alternative protocol. I was having energy problems big-time with the normal IP protocol. I am losing about the same amount of weight on the alternative protocol as far as I can tell. It's only been 2 weeks since I switched, though. But I have more energy and feel better on the alternative protocol. I did the normal protocol for 16 weeks and never felt quite right on it physically. I think if I had it to do over again, I'd start with the alternative protocol.

The real test for me will be when I go off IP into maintenance and see what happens to my blood sugar then. I was in a crazy carb-addiction blood-sugar crashing cycle before IP. I think if I do maintenance as recommended by IP, I will have broken that cycle and will be able to get a true grip on my hypoglycemia as IP maintenance is all geared towards normalizing your insulin and blood sugar.

Entered Maintenance Feb. 19, 2013 at 144 lbs.
Started reboot June 18, 2014.

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick : 02-02-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote