Thread: my poison!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
Renwomin

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

I like using whole wheat tortillas and flat out bread as well!

I also like to use pasta sauce that has 60 calories are less a serving and finely shredded cheese because it stretches farther but still looks like more. They aren't the healthiest thing in the world, but I turkey pepperoni sometimes as well. They are 70 calories for 17 slices and I don't hardly ever use half of that on an individual pizza.

I like lots of different veggies on pizza - onion,mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, colored peppers, jalapenos, spinach, tomato. These provide bulk to a pizza without adding many calories. I find that sometimes they don't cook well if I'm using a super thin crust so I'll often pre-cook them a little in a skillet with a touch of water instead of oil.

I'm really interested in trying a cauliflower and/or zucchini crust for pizza myself.

Addition: Making the flatout or tortilla pizzas are so quick and easy, but sometimes I'm out of ingredients or really don't want to cook at all. In those cases I'll go to Papa Murphy's and get a take and bake delite (super thin crust) veggie pizza with tomato sauce and cheese on the side. Cheese is too calorie dense for me to trust them to put "light cheese" on themselves. I do have to watch portion control though because it is too easy to eat too many pieces!

Has anyone tried low calorie individual frozen pizzas? I'm curious if any of them are decent.

Last edited by Renwomin : 02-02-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote