Old 02-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/219/140

Height: 5'5

Default Back, after a too long hiatus !

Holy crap, I'm back !! it's been a much too long hiatus. Where to begin. Well I gained a little from my birthday to just before Christmas. Only 6 lbs, and i'm down 3 of what i gained from Christmas until now. I have to re-do my goals and what-not, but i'm starting to feel my way to get back on track. It was easy to fall off the healthy wagon and it's still a bit difficult to get back on the wagon lol.

Other then that things have been good, I finally found a job after months on end of looking. it's only part time and i'm not sure of exactly how many hours i'm going to get(legally they can't guarantee how many). BUT it's a job that i'm familiar with and i'm excited to start soon(orientation is coming up soon!!) and to be on my feet and more active then i have been. So i'm looking forward to that.

I Also made a huge life changing decision, after months of soul searching I finally found my vocation in life. Which means 4 years of university in a different province since there are no universities(that are accredited by Dietitians of Canada) here in my own province that offer a bachelor in dietetics. That's right folks, my weight loss journey has actually lead me to wanting a career in helping people lose weight and education people in nutrition. it's something i feel i NEED to do. I'm already doing a little educating already, but it's just on Facebook and it's only things I've Google'd. of course I need to take this next year and do a bit of upgrading(English, math and some sciences).

I don't know if this is the right forum to put this in lol
MizMelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back and good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #3  

Thanks Mozzy ! I'm pretty happy with myself that I am getting back on track, because i know there will always be some slip ups, and i'm beyond excited to get all that upgrading done so i can get my degree, get my field placement in and finally be able to take the registered dietitian exam to be able to practice legally in my chosen province. I want to not only help myself(which i'm doing) but i want the chance to help others.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #4  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and congrats on finding what you want to do with your life. We Can Do This!!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #5  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Welcome back! Congratulations on finding the career you want to pursue. And best of luck as you hop back on the wagon!
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #6  

Thank you sassy !! It took me all 26 years of my life to finally figure it out(I even went to college before and it got me no wheres lol), as much i wish i would have figured this out a long time ago, i'm still happy that i figured it out now instead of later because now i have much more life experience of gaining and losing and trying to keep it off.

I can not only talk the talk, I'm also walking the walk. I feel that if someone hasn't been there themselves,(being fat, Yo-yo dieting, trying to lose it and also succeeding at it) then that person really doesn't know what their talking about and doesn't bring as much to the table as someone who's been there and who can truly relate to the person/people your trying to help/educate. People who give advice who have never been there and say this is so easy, they just don't get it.

I'm still making a bit of an impact with quite a few people on my FB group that's dedicated to the education of healthy eating and committing to a lifestyle change and I've really helped my younger cousin with her and her b/f's eating habits to the point that now they are making a lot more change to where their only buying a minimal amount of processed and much more fresh produce.

Of course just making a very small impact on just a few people is not enough for me lol I want to make a larger impact with many more people where i live and the surrounding area's. Mum and I were actually talking about this the other day and she told me that i might have found my calling and i really think i did. The past few months I've been just soaking up all the information that i can on healthy eating and watching numerous documentaries and articles, this has really become a major part of who i am now and this has become a huge passion of mine. I Am loving the women I'm turning out to be(even it's a little later then i figured it would happen lol).
Old 02-02-2013, 03:43 AM   #7  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey welcome back! I too took a fall off plan over Christmas and January and I'm just coming back as well and it's a REAL struggle, so WELCOME and WELL DONE getting back on track!

It's funny before my journey, I was never that big into food or cooking or nutrition but now I flirt all the time with the idea of studying nutrition and becoming a registered dietician as well. It sucks because I studied public health in grad school and for only a little extra cost and a few more courses, I could have taken the certificate course to become an RD and now if I want to do it, I have to re-enroll and I no longer live in America and have a full-time student's time. But maybe, one day. I'm inspired that you're doing it. By the way, I'm 26 as well and just figuring out my life and what I want to do as well, so you have company in that.

Congrats on getting back on the wagon and figuring stuff out! Just keep on!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #8  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back!

I sort of ended up in the same place! I have a Master's in Education and wound up leaving my teaching job for a variety of reasons—one of them being I feel I might want to pursue something in fitness and/or health. Right now I'm testing the waters by working as a counselor for a weight loss company (whose policies I agree with on the most part), and I have to say I really do enjoy it so far I'm also flirting with the idea of going back to school. I would still be teaching in some sense, so I'll still get to use my MA!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #9  

Thank's everybody !!
This is why i love this site, you guy's rock !!

Toastedsmoke- just because you no longer live in America(I'm in Canada ), don't let that stop you from pursuing a career in dietetics if that's something you truly feel like you should be doing as a career. Maybe check out things in your area, or maybe even look into going abroad for school( I know of quite a few universities here in Canada that are accredited by Dietitians of Canada, PM me if you want, and we can chat about it ). Plus you may even be able to transfer credits from your previous grad program. !!

Up until just a couple of weeks ago i never ever thought that i could actually go to university myself. I'm a single mom, technically still on social assistance(until i start my new job in a couple of weeks, which is only part time, but it's still a job) and I've already gone to college. I thought I would never be able to go to school again because for a while i had the mindset of "I already had my chance". When i was talking to my mum on the car ride into town, i started telling her about how i think i might want to get into nutrition and be a dietitian but how it involves a 4 year undergraduate degree from university and i even checked our local community college to see what they had to offer(which was nothing i was looking for).

Mum just asked, "why not ?". I'm still young, and just because I have a child doesn't mean i can't. I kind of teared up a little because I actually like school now(never did in HS lol) and i've discovered that i really love to learn. So, that's when i made the decision to look into it and now i'm just waiting for a couple of university view books to come in so i can check the requirements for admission(to see what i need to upgrade) and start making a decision of which school will be the best fit for me. Right now I'm leaning towards Acadia, which is 3 and 1/2 hours from here(it's one of the closest universities) and it looks like a great university, on the plus side their elementary school is just a street over, which would be perfect since my son would be in kindergarten or grade 1 and I could walk him to and from school in between classes. The other one is pretty great as well, but their local elementary school i think the kids need to be bussed(at least i think so, i still have to check that out more), and i'd much prefer to be able to walk him to and from.

The one other thing is that no one in my family(other then my younger cousin, but she only went one year and has to pay back her student loan first before she can go back) has ever gone to university. Actually most of my aunts/uncle never finished HS, no one but my mom has gone to college(and she's gone twice now) and even with my cousins, aside from me and my younger cousin, only two of them, among many, have ever gone to college, Even my sister went college but she failed and didn't graduate. This would really be a huge accomplishment.

that's really awesome Sontaikle !! You should totally do it ! there was a weight loss place in town that were looking to hire but I don't agree with their policies and practices, so i never bothered to apply(it was herbal magic).

I figure if my mother could go back to school and graduate at the age of 56(She just graduated this past fall and turns 57 this year) then there is NO reason why i can't at the age of 26. There isn't any reason why anyone couldn't go back at any age.

I'm really happy to be back and to be back on track. I found myself starting to make the old excuses with food that i used to and that's been a fairly big eye opener. I know i can still have the occasional dessert or "treat"(like pizza), but that i just can't have it in the house all the time and if i do have something, then it's a very small portion.

haha sorry for the long winded reply, I seem to have a lot to say now-a-days lol.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #10  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

welcome back and how exciting to have found a path for your future! I can already tell how much passion you have for it, I know you will be a big success!!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote