View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:05 AM   #10
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday - Groundhog Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies – DW's new computer works as expected. She's thrilled with the speed improvement over her old clunker. It came with Microsoft Windows 8 that imitates a cell phone - must seem neat to those who've grown up latched to their cell phones, but seems gratuitous to me. My new HP printer is both amazing and freighting - it wants to collect all data about me, including resumes, so that headquarters can "serve me better." Right! So far I've managed to fend off that feature. Kinda neat that it's driven over the air from my router rather than over a cable. Don't mind me - kid with a new toy here.

Exercise was a walk, CREDIT moi, that included a trip to the local hardware store with its coupon for a free compact fluorescent light bulb each month. Since this was February 1st, I just assumed that I'd lost the January free bulb. But the clerk punched both January and February and gave me two bulbs. They just made me a loyal customer for life.

Beverlyjoy – LOL at "Sloppy Giuseppe's" - hope you do post the recipe in our recipe thread. Glad the back is healing.

maryann - Such a smart decision with the cupcakes - glad you're putting your new MFA to work already. Now I want to see "Walking with Dinosaurs" to see if I can face them with eyes open.

nationalparker – Love that Columbia shirt for 90% off. I savor such bargains. Yep Double Kudos for mindful eating at Noodles and Company, with an extra Kudos for tending to your DH's choice of restaurant. (If you have a "local Cajun spot" then you don't need to fly to New Orleans, LOL.)

Beth (bethFromDayton) – Bon Voyage on your 30 day Shred. Double Kudos for the extra chicken and the unfinished chicken both. And more Kudos for the donuts ignored. I hate that donuts are socially acceptable at work.

Julia (Julia150) – Onederland keeps creeping closer and closer. LOL at "DH's birthday cake is still loitering in the kitchen" - you just need a NO LOITERING sign.

Kitty (Bootedkitty) – Yes you can say "bottom" - or "hips" if you like. If you try to write ***, however, it will get replaced with ***. Big Kudos for standing down the bread on the table. That's a BIG challenge for me. I try my favorite phrase "That's not about me." Helps me a lot.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 3
How Thin People Think

characteristic 3
You Like the Feeling of Being Full

. . . We light eaters skipped the hors d'oeuvres and several of the side dishes altogether and ate some of the entree, vegetables, and rice. The moderate eaters had some hors d'oeuvres and finished most of what was on their plates. The big eaters ate lots of hors d'oeuvres and side dishes and finished just about everything on their plates. They couldn't possibly have still been hungry, yet all of them had seconds. They also ate much larger portions of dessert.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 36.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 02-02-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Typo