Old 02-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #1  

Default Do you forget that you are thinner??!!

2 different times today I did things in my old "heavy" version, forgetting that I don't have to do things like that anymore.

The first one was putting on my zippered boots. I used to step into them by the closet and then walk to the stairs to zip up the sides, fix my jeans, etc. Now that I lost a lot of my belly, I can bend over no problem and do everything wherever I want! I don't need no stinkin' stairs help!

The second one was walking by my island. One side is a slimmer fit so I used to go around the long way when I was wider. I could still go the smaller side when I was heavier but I'd have to slow down, angle myself a bit, etc. Now that I lost weight, I can walk through the slimmer fit side, as fast as I want, without worrying about touching/bruising anything. But today, I mentally swerved to go the long way forgetting I don't have to do that anymore.

I guess they could be considered NSVs but more importantly, I want to remember I can do them!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Mine is similar to your second example. When I am walking between two cars in a parking lot I will automatically turn sideways so that I fit. I don't think I'm going to be able to train my brain out of this one!

Congrats on your loss!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #3  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

My forgetfulness is more mental. I realized none of my rings fit now because they're too big. I was talking to a friend about how annoying it was going to be to get them re-sized and how it's just extra money added because some of them are gold. The entire time I was complaining I was thinking about having to get them sized larger until my friend reminded me that they will actually be taking metal out that I can sell (duh!).

Another slip up was when my coach weighed me in last week. She wrote down 249 and I told her that she wrote the number down wrong and switched the last 2 (I'm just so used to being near 300). I can't seem to wrap my mind around my lower weight.
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/219/140

Height: 5'5

same here !! I actually had to purge my closet of all my larger sizes because even now i would still go for those first, even though they now would just hang and actually look really terrible. There were a couple of shirts i was going to keep to get tailored and when a little while ago I started getting back into it, I realized that my larger clothes were actually holding me back from losing anymore. I got rid of every single piece that was too big. They are now in a bag, ready to be donated

I also forget sometimes that I don't need a break while cleaning my kitchen or whatever room it is and can plow through it without stopping, and now i find myself sometimes taking that break even though i don't need one lol
MizMelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #5  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Congrats! 100lbs down, you are truly amazing!
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I still scan new restaurants, to be sure I'll fit in a booth!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Sometimes when shopping I go to the wrong size, section or rack. Sadly, I used to find much better clearance when I was larger than average. It seems like size L and XL are the most commonly used sizes around here. They are the most picked over.

I also have a favorite/go to pair of pajama pants that are much too big now. I still reach for them first and if I do put them on they almost fall off or I am forever hitching them up and trying to tie the drawsting tighter.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #8  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Yes! All the time. Still can't eyeball my dress size all that well, for example.

Also it's nearly gotten me injured! When I was a teacher, I was in a pretty bad area. Dummy me forgot that I was now smaller than the majority of my middle schoolers. Trying to break up fights nearly got me tossed down the stairs once and got me slammed into the wall a few times. When I was larger they probably wouldn't have been able to toss me around so much.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Great idea for a thread!!

I still get surprise reactions to things. Like yesterday when I got my haircut I plopped my butt down in the hairdresser's chair and went "WOW" -- there is a LOT of extra room for my butt in this chair. Also, when she put the cape on me I immediately noticed there are holes in it for the arms/hands to go through. I never noticed that before because it was spread out so much. And I looked down and was surprised as the front of it was just hanging loosely over me instead of being "solid" over my huge front.

Also, when I put on my car seatbelt I am always a bit surprised and happy about how far out it stretches -- how much extra there is of it -- before I click it!!

Fun, isn't it?
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #10  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I forget when I park my car and get antsy when the hubs parks dead center in the spot., here's a flurry of thought processes, "what's the best way to twist and turn as I get out of the car, hold the door, make sure it doesn't hit.another.car", etc.. my ex used to say I had an overinflated sense of my size. Maybe, but the thought of being caught stuck between car door and car is humiliating
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #11  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I sometimes feel a little self-conscious when I enter a room like everyone is looking at how big I am and judging. I have to actually think about it to remember that I'm not as big as before.

I also pick out clothes in my size out and think there's no way I'll ever fit in that and always take a size up as well.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote