Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - February 2013 - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-28-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:30 AM   #2  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 160/129/125

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the new thread! Wow Jan. went by fast!

Calories yesterday- 1526

zumba/pilates
pinkflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

We ate at Cracker Barrel last night. I had 3 orders of turnip greens with my pork chop. The sodium in the greens will cause me a gain (but they were sure good and a nice change from steamed veggies ). I also had less than 6 hours of sleep last night. That's a one two punch that's not a good combo for me.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 159.2
Up: .6

I lost 4.8 pounds for the month of January.

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-01-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #4  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana I gained weight for Jan. Cracker Barrel is so high in sodium, but that's where I could get my fix of chicken dumplings (of course no more). I actually thought their pancakes were salty I haven't been since 2008. Congrats on new computer

Yesterday I went for a 1.62 mile walk. We had a wind storm the other night but it warmed considerably. I thought, what the heck and tried for it, but it got windy and cold in ten minutes time, so I circled back. I wasn't wearing anything over my small ears so I had to get them out of the cold That was the extent of my exercise. Hopefully it will pick up now that it's February...yeah, like a new month makes a difference Well I'll pretend that it does and say, this is heart healthy month, so I should get my heart pumping...there a goal

Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone. Diana, thanks for starting the new thread for us.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #6  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I decided to bump my calorie intake up to 1500 this week, just to see if I'll still lose weight. Didn't do great yesterday. Went to a friend's birthday at a Hibachi restaurant. I tried to approximate calories as best as I could for that. However, eight hours between meals had me munching on more than I wanted to. Should have planned better.

5am - 260
Turkey Ham - 90
Swiss Cheese - 80
Whole-Grain Bread - 90

9am - 90
Fiber One Brownie - 90

12pm - 300
Progresso Reduced Sodium Chicken and Wild Rice - 240
Juicy Juice - 60

3pm - 40
Mandarin Orange - 40

5pm - 280
Chocolate Marbled Cheddar Cheese - 220 (Found at Aldis and had to try it)
Starbucks Skinny Iced Latte - 60 (was trying to keep warm and needed to order something to stay inside)

8pm - 900 (Hard to estimate this one, but this should be close)
Hibachi Chicken - 350
Hibachi Veggies - 100
Hibachi Shrimp - 50
Hibachi Lo Mein - 250
Clear Soup - 50
Ginger Salad - 100

Total: 1870
Weight: 189.0

Last edited by Psychic; 02-01-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #7  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

good morning ive been in alot of pain this week with the infection at the root of my tooth....i had the root canal done this morning and i had an amazing dentist to work on me...the numbing shots hardly hurt, which is unusual for me, and the work was fast and painless...i was in and out in under 45 minutes TOTAL!

one piece of advice to the others who are looking at dental work....if you dont like your dentist CHANGE HIM!! i've been to 3 dentists in town out of maybe 10-12 that practice here, and the first was great, the second was awful, and this one was great...don't be afraid to take your money elsewhere

i go back next friday morning to have them put the crown on the tooth but i know from experience that it's a very quick and easy procedure with minimal numbing shots

of course i worked this morning...when i got home from the dentist i cleaned up the house and started laundry because i know i have a long day ahead and once the anesthetic wears off, i will be sore...in a few hours, i go back to work...after that i take my younger son to our school's fun night event...then i drive my teenager to wherever he's going tonight (a friends house)...and THEN i'll be done, probably by 9 p.m.

of course i havent eaten anything except my antibiotic this morning....i'll be hungry later lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Get well soon Alaskanlaughter.

I am doing ok i suppose. I see the scale nearing 163 pounds and then see it going up to 164 again arghhh.......it makes me angry. Maybe you guys know about what is happening with me. For 2 days in a row i feel a bad stomach. Like i want to throw up, like i don't want to eat......but when i fantasize sweets and spaghetti (for example) my mouth is watering. Then i fantasize my night salad and my stomach gives a twist and shows me it's tongue.....do you think that maybe i am going through a stomach flu or maybe it's my new eating regime that is bothering my digestion?
Ellemphriem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #9  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

i go through phases where nothing sounds good to eat...or i'll think of something awesome to eat, take a few bites and be like "meh not so good"...it usually balances itself out and a few days later i will be starving and eating better

i also get so hungry sometimes that i feel like i'm going to throw up....and then i dont WANT to eat because i think i'll puke...but in reality i NEED to eat something and when i do eat, i feel a million times better
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #10  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Hello everyone!

I'm down a measly .6 today. Talk about inching towards 100. Ill be up tomorrow because I spent today at the spa with my mom and my sister in law, so we ate out for lunch & dinner. Plus side is after a facial, massage, mineral spa dip and reflexology session all courtesy of my brother (he sent his girlfriend as an anniversary gift and didn't want her to go alone), I feel pretty darn good!

Yesterday calories in:1597
Yesterday calories out:816
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Trying the accountability thread for the first time. Today so far I had a disgusting meal at Tim Horton's. A grilled cheese panini that tasted like plastic. They are supposed to be 430 cals but I lost my mind and put a little margarine on it so 510. Just now I'm going to have yogurt 100 and wasabi peas 100 so 710 cals at 8 pm. Exercise was an hour's walk at a moderate pace (didnt increase heart rate).
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #12  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

pinkflakes, this is from January's topic, but I started PMSing today and I was just talking to my friend about it. I've read that you need to eat an extra 200 calories because your body burns more to prepare for TOM. I do eat the extra calories, but it doesn't help me personally. We went and got one slice of pizza each, today. An hour later, I was still very hungry and I got a second one. I threw it away after I had 2 bites, because I felt like I was too full to eat it, although I was still starving. I just have to ignore it and most of the days, I do.

Well, I don't know how much I lost in January because ~surprise!~ I'm bloated now and I was bloated when January began, too. I lost at least 10 lbs, though. Also, the finals are over!!!
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #13  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 160/129/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marniadec View Post
pinkflakes, this is from January's topic, but I started PMSing today and I was just talking to my friend about it. I've read that you need to eat an extra 200 calories because your body burns more to prepare for TOM. I do eat the extra calories, but it doesn't help me personally. We went and got one slice of pizza each, today. An hour later, I was still very hungry and I got a second one. I threw it away after I had 2 bites, because I felt like I was too full to eat it, although I was still starving. I just have to ignore it and most of the days, I do.

Well, I don't know how much I lost in January because ~surprise!~ I'm bloated now and I was bloated when January began, too. I lost at least 10 lbs, though. Also, the finals are over!!!
Thanks for the info! Today it has died down some thank goodness...Feeling like a bottomless pit is awful!

Great job on the 10 pounds
pinkflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 219/209/180

Height: 5'7

This will be my first "check in" and what an awesome idea for a thread!!!!

Today's calories so far - 943 ( but I will have a fruity smoothie before bed)
Weight this morning - 212.2
kjnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are having a great start to your weekend!

Mamakat Remember you had the attack of the gluten. I'm sure you are holding onto stuff from that. It will be off in no time and you will be working your way back down. Ah, the chicken and dumplings! My Maw Maw (grandmother) used to make the best. In fact, they were used as medicine for us grandkids. If Maw Maw found out I was not feeling well, she would make me some chicken and dumplings and I would soon be feeling better. They were the best medicine ever! Hey! I like that goal! Let's see, what get's our heart pumping! You can still get away with not exercising and meeting your goal if you can get that heart pumping from another means. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Misti Hi! How are things going with you? Are you still working your plan and exercising?

Psychic How was the chocolate cheddar? I have had a variety of fruit in cheese and they were awesome!

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad your dental appointment went well. I hope you will be on the mend and feeling better.

Ellemphriem That does sound odd with your stomach. Maybe something hasn't agreed with you. I hope you are not getting sick.

Radiojane Good job on the .6. Nothing wrong with that. You spa treatments sound awesome! I loved the massage we had on the cruise. That was the first for me. When things calm down for me, I'm thinking about getting another massage.

Fluffypuppy Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Marniadec Did you notice being bloated in December. I'm wondering if you are having issues from stress/finals and that's causing the bloating.

Kjnnc Hi and Welcome to the check-in.