Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 09:23 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Talking Weighty Issues # 8

Welcome to the Weighty Issues thread!

We are a group of women who are trying to get through every day life with the help of each other. No topics are off limits, we discuss everything. These girls Rock!!!!

This month we are all going to do a challenge also. We can go by pounds, inches, jean size, etc. Whatever makes you happy.

We hope you come join us!
Old 10-01-2003, 09:28 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

It is a new month. Time for a new thread.

I had to take Corey to the emergency room last night for an ear infection. Luckily we got right in and out but I didnt get in my evening walk. They gave him some ear drops to numb his ear so it didnt ache all night,man, I would have killed for that when I was little. I had ear infections like crazy(my parents are chain smokers) and tonsilitis until they took my tonsils out when I was 15. Luckily, he loves the amoxycillyn so giving him his meds isnt a problem.

I had a run in last night with the smores and graham crackers with peanut butter and chocolate chips. It seems like I want to eat all night as soon as it gets dark. Plus, I want heavy meals too.

My goal this month is to try to stay where I am and not do fruther damage. I have been setting goals every month and not making any of them so I am just going to try my hand at not gaining this time. I only have my groove for a few days at a time it seems lately.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default My Monthly Challenge Goal is:

To lose 9 pounds this month. I would say 10.. but feel that is pushing it. I already have my mini goal of being at 138.00 by 10/22 when my friend comes in. This will be just two more pounds more than that right now. So I can do this!!!!

Lets go everyone and make October COUNT!!!!!

Hugs,
Cherie
Old 10-01-2003, 09:30 AM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cherie, You are doing great!!! I bet you make it to your goal for the month.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:28 AM   #5  

I am right there with both of you with the eating thing. I think mine is a little stress related too. To top it off I am PMSing too. I hate to say but I actually have M&M's in the house right now and i have been eating some everynight since Monday. I know, bad girl but I can't help it.

I guess my goal will be to stay OP with the last 6 weeks of my program. I start it on the 6th and I am ready. I don't have to worry about DU while I am doing it so I should be able to stay OP.

I have to go to the mall today after work to find something to wear for the banquet. It seems that everytime I have a function what I want to wear doens't fit me anymore. I mean I love to shop but this is rediculous. We are able to set up the banquet area tonight so I will have to do that first but then I am off to shop!!!! I am kind of looking forward to buying some clothes. I really don't have anything for coller temps and it is heading that way. I usually live in sweats. Poor Joe.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:48 AM   #6  

Kempy I hear ya on the M&M's. My mom knows I am trying to lose weight (she ways alot less than I do) and what does she do-she bought me this cute canister for my kitchen and whats inside?M&M's!!!! But I have not opened the bag yet. Watch out when I do. I am also in sweats alot lately. They just feel so good. And if when I do wear jeans my hubby likes it. Not to often though.
Did you see the recipe on the previous thread. Hope you like it,
it is great for fall and taste better the next day.

Thanks for all your support guys. Everyone of you are so wonderful. CHeck in later! Julie
Old 10-01-2003, 11:16 AM   #7  

I got it alright. I can't wait to try it. I will have to cook it over the weekend though. I never have enough time during the week to cook anything good.

We are going to have to stop talking about M&M's b/c I might just have to run out and buy some for work. And that would be a no-no!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:47 AM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Dont feel bad girls. The tacos sounded so good that I just got back from the store with the supplies to make that for supper tonight. OOPS! I have been craving melted cheese. Melted cheese on anything is so good.

Kempy, I'll bet you will be happy when the banquet is over with so you can stop planning, huh?

M&M's!!!YUM!!!! I love the peanut ones. I think it is the cold weather. I needed gloves for my walk this morning but of course I cant find them after last winter. So my hands wee froxen. I guess it is supposed to be cold for the rest of the week.

Sweats are my friend too!! The minute we get done with our afternoon walk I am in sweats and a t shirt that is about 3 times too big but oh so comfy. Then I throw my fat *** on the couch and cover up for the night. I really should try to move more in the evening but when it is dark at 6:30 it is so depressing.

I saw a cat in my yard today that I have never seen before. Hmmm, I wonder if he is stray? He was chasing a squirrel but he ran when I talked to him.

I got a red wine vinagrette club for lunch from Subway. That was really good. Well, I suppose I really should go do some baking.TTYL
Old 10-01-2003, 03:52 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

No fair, no fair, no fair! I wake up at 6:30 a.m. and it's already 80 degrees and you girls are talking about cold weather . I don't even use a blanket at night and I have the ceiling fan on...i would sleep in the nude if I wasn't afraid of scaring the pants of my hubby ...hmmm, maybe that's not such a bad idea . You know, I've been having a hard time getting back on track too. I had a really good spell of 3 weeks OP then when this weekend came around *BAM* , falling off and totally running in the opposite direction. This hot weather makes me lazy too--it's bright, sunny and hot! (try 89 degrees) til about 5:30 pm, if I leave for my walk later than that, it gets dark fast and I have to hope and pray we don't run into any weirdos in my neighborhood, especially without the dog with us. What I would give if Hawaii was just about 10 degrees cooler in every season. That would be paradise for me.

Angie, Subway red wine v-club is what I usually get there, especially with the roasted garlic bread ! I just might get one for lunch too since I filled up my card with stamps. A free sandwich sure tastes great. Hope Corey gets better quick. How is Brit doing? (or was it Alicia?)

Kempy you're a sly one , hiding those m&m's... just say NO to getting those at work. You know, I'd say I was PMS'ing too but I actually missed my TOM last month ! I don't "feel" anything like pregnant...but ya never know. If only I had something to blame giving into those cravings for ...

Cherie, congrats on your awesome progress for September. You go girl! I'm with you! Let's make October count!

Hello to red, Holly, Chris, Dips, JackieO, Emily, Sandy, Tonya, Julie, Summer.... gotta split for now.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:23 PM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

89 Degrees!!! Holy I dont think we got any higher than 60 today and absolutely no sun so it feels really cold. It is pretty nasty looking outside today, even the kitties are all hanging out inside. We had to run the furnace all night last night so we didnt get too cold. Can I just leave for Florida now?

Do you think you may be pregnant? You want another baby soon dont you? If so, I will keep my fingers crossed for ya and if you dont then I will still keep my fingers crossed for you.

It was Brit and she is better now despite the fact that she swallowed absolutely no medicine.

Kempy, Did you ever find out why you were sick?
Old 10-01-2003, 04:42 PM   #11  

Angie the crazy doc really didn't know what is wrong with me. He thought it might be my stomach having to much acid but I seem to think it was just stress. I am stressed about DU and also about work. I have a massage scheduled for Saturday so maybe that will help get some of the stress out. I actually printed my last thing that I needed to print around 2 today and I feel 100% better.

My cats are starting to hang out on top of me more lately too. I can always tell when cooler weather is coming when they do that. I am always cold though so I welcome them. Now that we have Echo home I can pull her big butt onto the sofa. She is a much bigger heater than the cats do.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:05 PM   #12  

Kempy did you find anything at the mall to wear for your banquet? I am sure you will look great and all your hard work will pay off and you will have wonderful time!

Noelle I wish I had some of your warm weather. It must be like living in paradise everyday!!!!

Angie hope your tacos turned out great. Mine were so good last night. I usally use the soft shells but last night I had the crunchy ones, they just taste so good after baked in the oven.

Tonight I made chicken parmesan. It was yummy.
I have a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble and I might order the South Beach Diet book. I don't know if I could not eat any carbs though for two week straight. I want to do more research.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:52 PM   #13  

Hey everyone! I have done sooo BAD the last 2 weeks! Last week it was sweets, and this it has been peanutbutter. I can't seem to stop eating peanutbutter, lol. I did buy smucker's natural pb, so, not as bad, but, still! I have been exercising, so, hopefully my weight hasn't gotten out of control (don't dare step on the scales ). Being laid off is really a challenge for me!! The food is just too close, lol.

The wedding was great! A teacher from high school was there (she is also my best friend's cousin) and asked how I am. I told her I have 3 kids and she told me to get out, lol. She said you would never know it! That made me feel good, even though I have been eating so poorly! I decided to splurge and buy a pair of jeans last Friday bc my after baby jeans are too big, I like Arizona jeans from JC Penney, and ended up with a size 9 junior. I was and am still in shock. They must make jeans bigger these days bc the last time I stepped on the scale it said 146!

OK....for goals of this month, #1....Get back on track!!! #2....Do not reach 150, #3.....avoid the yummy candy at Halloween, #4....Make sure I don't outgrow my new jeans, lol.

Angie,

We sound similar the last few weeks, on and off again with the diet. I am not going to make any huge weight loss goals for this month either bc I don't know how much damage I have already done. I am sure you will agree seeing we have the same metabolism....it's sooo hard to diet and be hungry to lose weight when it feels so much better to feel satisfied, not overfilled, but, not ravagingly hungry either.

Cherie,

Go for it! Glad to see you are OP and heading for that goal. I will get back there eventually, just in kind of a funk lately. I think it's stress related.

Kempy,

Enjoy your shopping trip! It kinda felt good when I spent money on myself for once, and not at Trader K's, lol. I don't have much faith in most docs. I think they are usually experimenting to see if medicine will help rather than find the source of the problem.

Noelle,

Ooooohhh, hehe, we might have a mama on board? Should we keep our fingers crossed for pg, or for not pg?

Julie,

Mmmm, chicken parmesan does sound good. Lol, reminds me of a dinner I made for the family last week, but, it was vegetarian chicken, and my husband scoffed at it and went to Taco Bell, lol, men.

Holly
Old 10-01-2003, 09:44 PM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Humph!!! I posted a bit and lost it...

Holly, glad you had fun at the wedding. It's cool that you got compliments how you did. And wow size 9 jrs? WooHoo! I don't think I could ever get my butt in a jrs. size ever again--too much junk in my trunk . I hear ya on being at home w/the food nearby, that's really tough. Any good leads on the job search? I'm crossing my fingers for you.

OK, I guess you girls can put me in the 'cross your fingers and hope I'm PG' camp. I really don't feel like I am, but still no TOM so I'm taking the wait and see approach. I took a test last week, which was negative...I am feeling like I'm under a lot of stress so I'm willing to bet that's why I'm messed up like this. Anyway, think good thoughts Ok?

I know I've been complaining about how hot it is here, here's a picture I just took of my son and niece cooling off in the wading pool this afternoon. Feels like 96 degrees in the shade. Hope it comes out!
Old 10-01-2003, 10:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Hey Everyone!

I thought I would check in tonight... just got back from my ellipitcal workout. My foot is feeling much better today... so I am going to hit October hard! :-)

Noelle... it was brrrrr cold here today.. in the mid 40's... I hate cold weather.. so I am very envious of your wonderful warm days! And GOOD LUCK.. keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Holly.. WTG on the new jeans!!!!!! You can get back on track this month.. we are here to help you!!! I've got two little girls and hopefully I will avoid their hallloween candy at the end of the month. They both want to be Swan Lake Princess Barbie.... haha... gotta love this cute age.

Julie.... your dinner sounds yummy.... I had a sweet potato!! :-) Those seem to fill me up and I don't really want much of anything else. I try to eat my big meal at lunch so I will have all day to burn it off.

Kempy.. good luck tomorrow with your banquet! Hope you are feeling 100% You better post a picture of you in your new outfit for the event!!!

Angie.. We will help you stay on track too.... we can all have a great October! This place has really helped me out with my goals.. so I am hoping I can help someone else out too! How is Corey? Is he feeling better?

Ok.. I am about to turn into bed... you know what I forgot about tonight? The BACHELOR!! I didn't even tape it.. Instead.. I went and worked out... sigh.... guess someone will have to fill me in on what happened!

Everyone have a great night! See you tomorrow!

Cherie
Closed Thread