View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
maryann

S/C/G: 173/ 163/ under 154

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Happy Dance! I moved my ticker down two pounds this month. Last night I remembered what Beck taught me two years ago, "Eating is not an emergency." I also planned smart. I am birthday chair for our AA group so I am responsible for buying cupcakes once a month. I FINALLY bought the kind with the frosting I don't like. Wow! Who would have thought it took six months for somebody getting an MFA to figure out to NOT buy the food she likes. But that is the way it is with food addictions. It is not an easy program but it really is very simple.

Excited for the day and spending time with DH and DS during the five hour drive to the wedding. Decided not to bring snacks in the car. I'll eat before I go and then have a nice meal when I get there. I'll be thinking of nationalparker when I walk along the shore. I miss the beach as much as you do. If I could have changed one thing about my life it might have been not moving away from the sea. But then I wouldn't have my farmer husband. Can't pull a walnut tree up from the roots and take it with you.
BBE: Your dinosaur lecture reminded me of a show I brought DS to when he was five years old. It was in a huge arena and was called, "Walking with Dinosaurs." It had HUGE animatronic dinos -amazing. Then came out the T Rex. Every little boy in the stadium was hiding in mom's lap with eyes closed.

Last edited by maryann; 02-01-2013 at 10:14 AM.