Old 02-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/180/140

Height: 5'4

Unhappy What happens if you go off plan?

I know that's probably a stupid question but I really want to know what peoples experience with slip ups are.
There was a death in my family and I am driving 19 hours to FL for the funeral and see family. I'm finding it hard to think about staying on the plan when there will be grieving and copious amounts of spanish food around. I know that's a stupid thing to worry about when a family member dies but I can't help but wonder. I'm 12 days on induction. Will I gain it all back?
Aarrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

First of all, allow me to say I am sorry for your loss. The death of someone close to you is difficult emotionally and can often carry over to your physical wellbeing. That being said, the key to successful weightloss is total lifestyle change. You can't think of the plan you've chosen as a diet but rather a new way of life. Unexpected things happen in life....parties, family get togethers, lunch or dinner with friends, weddings, funerals etc. When you have committed to a weightloss journey you must come up with a plan to get yourself through those times without allowing them to detour your progress. While I understand this can be challenging, the reward is well worth the effort.
As for gaining it all back, that depends on how far off plan you go, If you completely toss caution to the wind and totally overindulge, chances are, yes, you will gain it all back. If you are somewhat cautious, the scale may be a bit more kind.
We all "slip up" occasionally but, getting right back on track is the key to success.
All the best to you on your journey

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 02-01-2013 at 09:22 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/149/125

Height: 5'1"

I've wondered the same thing.. And how long on average does it take to get back on track?
Forevermercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forevermercy View Post
I've wondered the same thing.. And how long on average does it take to get back on track?
After a slip up the key is getting back on track with your next meal otherwise the "Oh I'll start again on Monday" mentality will quickly take over. Acknowledge your mistakes, learn from them and move forward

Since everyone is different, getting back into ketosis can vary but, it usually takes a few days.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 02-01-2013 at 01:43 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #5  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Most likely some water weight will return... Since most of the initial weight loss is water, that water weight will return with the reintroduction carbs because of their water requirements for storage...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 02-01-2013 at 12:03 PM.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote