View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday - National Freedom Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies Exercise was walking to a neat talk about the evolution of birds last night. Since the dinosaurs are gone, crocodiles are their nearest living relatives - quite a contrast. It felt good walking in the warmth as dusk fell. Only an hour later, it felt cold walking home. Now it's bitter cold outside. CREDIT moi for the exercise and for letting the mind get a workout.

Eating was only OK. I did manage to eat a smaller dinner since I'd overdone my snacks. The joyful stress was finally purchasing a replacement computer for DW - her's is ancient. It's fun to find that everything I know about computers has become obsolete between purchases and so much fun to catch up. I came out of it with a neat printer from the group called All-In-One: scanner, fax, wireless printing from all computers anywhere in the house, special cartridge for printing photos. On sale by itself but with an additional 20% off when purchased with DW's new laptop (she'll continue to use her old printer).

Debbie (Lexxiss) Congrats for choosing a mom who shows up with tickets to an NBA basketball game - that's planning ahead, LOL. Kudos for that simple banana decision - one small step.

Beverlyjoy It's worthy of Kudos for planning and logging despite exasperation. Hope that pain gets under control.

maryann - Good luck at the family wedding. Wish wedding weren't designed for over eating.

BigchiefDavid With Mardi Gras and Superbowl upon you, day 37: Reduce Stress is just what you need. Read on.

nationalparker LOL at two coats on the dog. Walking in the cold is its own joy if you're moving fast enough to stay warm. Neat that you do audio books in the car.

Beth (bethFromDayton) Yep, three days of recording your food into MFP is a Kudos series. So good to hear that panning is getting easier.

IBelieveInMe2 And you crack me up with "JuliaWhoWearsTheGrayPantsAgain!" - I'm loving these names.

Julia (Julia150) Yep, it's "schizophrenic weather" around here. LOL at keeping a book until overdue to avoid facing that you don't want to read it - that's so like what I can do. I have several books in my current reading stack that linger because I don't feel like finishing them. Wish they were library books so I'd return them. Congrats to JuliaWithoutIronedClothes for a fun NSV. I love it when my clothes tell me that my body is changing.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 3
How Thin People Think

characteristic 3
You Like the Feeling of Being Full

. . . I noticed this phenomenon recently when I had dinner at the house of a colleague. There were 10 of us in all. Although I'm usually oblivious to what people eat, on this particular night I decided to pay attention. This is what I observed: Two of us (both women) ate sparingly. Three of the men (all of normal weight) ate more than we did, but not a great deal more. The other five (all of whom are overweight) ate much more than the rest of us.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 36.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years