Old 01-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #1  

Default Metabolic Majic 28 Day Plan

Hello!

On January 14, 2013, I started the Majic plan and so far I've lost 12.5 pounds. I'm looking for others on this particular plan to share recipe ideas.

Since this is an online program and I don't have a local office to visit or weigh in at, it's been difficult to find anyone to talk to. Well, at first anyway. I was assigned a rep but she doesn't reply to me. I have found someone through the MRC Facebook page, but thought I'd start this particular thread for those on this diet.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Hughes72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

Hmm.. I've never heard of it..
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/168

Height: 5'4''

Smile Hello - I am in

Hello Hughes,

I am starting on MRC too. This is my 3rd day. My first 2 days I did good. My second day I had a couple more melba toasts. I am still counting it.

At 40+ I have decided to take control of my life. I want the confidence to know that I can stick with something even when it gets tough. I am married, working a sometimes intense job, raising two wonderful teenagers and a caregiver for my 89 year old father.

I would love to find, join, start a thread for anyone starting out on MRC so that we can keep each other motivated. I prefer going after reaching goals of:
-journaling
-drink water
-taking supplements
-staying on program
-regular exercise

Versus going after pounds. To me the consistency is the lifelong goal.

Would you like to join in?
mamamia77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #4  

The 28 day plan is something that you can purchase at the above emetabolic . com store. It's very strict as far as what you can eat and how much.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #5  
DLF

S/C/G: 230/230/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone!

I just ordered the Majic 28 on Monday. Still waiting for it to arrive. I am a little nervous since the product didn't include any information. Just trying to drink more water, walk and eat less while I'm waiting.
DLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 AM   #6  

Congrats on ordering the Majic 28 ! You'll have it by the weekend, I'm sure. I've been on it since the 14th of January and am currently down 15.2 pounds.

The first week was very hard to get used to because I was hungry. I had contacted someone from the site i ordered the diet from and no one ever got back to me. So, I found MRC on Facebook, liked the page, and made a request for someone to contact me....and they did. The rep that I was assigned has never replied to any of my emails or phone calls, but Heather through the Facebook link has been assisting me and has been great! so...if that happens to you, you know what to do. Heather even emailed me a new meal plan that included a protein at lunch, besides the drink supplement. However, now, I'm barely hungry so it's working!

The diet is strict and the foods listed are basically all the choices you get. I did find that the salad spritzers are good to use on salad and mustard is okay to have. Basically, anything with added sugar is a stay away from food!

If you have any questions, let me know and good luck! I may be ordering another month of it too just so I can stay on track!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #7  
DLF

My kit arrived today. Started it for supper tonight. Thought I might as well dive in!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

I've never heard of this. Is it at all like the meta-slim green menu at the center?
brainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsgirl View Post
I've never heard of this. Is it at all like the meta-slim green menu at the center?
My online counselor has called in the Meta-Majic plan. I have no idea what the green menus are. This is completely through emetabolic.com. I don't have a center close to me and this was just another option.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLF View Post
My kit arrived today. Started it for supper tonight. Thought I might as well dive in!
Keep in touch and let me know how you're doing!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #11  
DLF

I feel like I'm starving! Just recieved an alternative meal plan that includes protein for lunch and one for a snack. I hope this helps. Today, I want chocolate so bad!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #12  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

I am finishing up this plan, and while my results have been pretty good, my experience has been miserable. Hungry is an understatement, my emotions have truly been all over the place...and I have spent the majority of the month on my period.

I think the biggest let down for me personally is that what has happened to me, while supposedly rare, was at no time communicated as a possibility in the beginning. Rather, I was made to believe results would be amazing every single day, I would have so much energy, and most importantly, that I would never be hungry.

I realize we are all different, which is why I wouldn't discourage people from trying it, but I think MRC could do a better job of informing new clients of both sides. Certainly having more realistic expectations may have helped me on an emotional level throughout my journey. Oh well...wishing you all much success and utilize all of the support you can get I don't live near a center, so the lack of support hasn't helped either. The way I see it now is that if I have to go to this extreme of a measure to lose weight, I would be willing to explore other options first. My prayer is that they will guide me going forward so that this will all not be wasted effort!

Take care

Last edited by Tamikl; 02-03-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #13  

I just ordered my second 28 day kit PLUS I've ordered the cookbook and protein bars.

Tamikl, I'm sorry that you had such a hard time with this. I did too in the first week and ended up chatting with a nice counselor from MRC's Facebook page. When I posted how hard of a time I was having, I was immediately contacted. However, now that I'm in my fourth week, I do at times find myself hungry but nothing like the first week. I have eaten an apple or two when I find myself hungry or even eat a hard boiled egg and some string cheese.

As of today, I'm 17.2 pounds down (since 1-14-13) which is keeping me motivated. I have also learned to cook with balsamic vinegar, Mrs. Dash and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter---in the squirt bottle only. I have also had one cheat meal a week so that I don't get completely overwhelmed.

I did find myself bloated and uncomfortable yesterday after eating some super bowl food! I couldn't believe how awful I felt, so for me, this is working.

The funny thing about diets is what may work for one may not work for all. So, I hope that everyone finds a plan or other avenues to help you reach your goal!

Tamikl....how long have you been dieting because I would love to be at the weight your are now! Congrats on that!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #14  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

I really hate to see someone order a second month of this, but now that I see you're giving yourself a cheat meal and extra snacks I feel a little better. I like shortcuts and boosts as much as anybody (during my weight loss journey I did the week of Meta-Quick twice), but these plans are meant to give stalled weight loss a boost or for a quick start or extra confidence every now and then, not continued usage. If you are in communication with the center and they approved a second consecutive month of this program, then I have to say "boo on them".
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #15  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes72 View Post
I just ordered my second 28 day kit PLUS I've ordered the cookbook and protein bars.

Tamikl, I'm sorry that you had such a hard time with this. I did too in the first week and ended up chatting with a nice counselor from MRC's Facebook page. When I posted how hard of a time I was having, I was immediately contacted. However, now that I'm in my fourth week, I do at times find myself hungry but nothing like the first week. I have eaten an apple or two when I find myself hungry or even eat a hard boiled egg and some string cheese.

As of today, I'm 17.2 pounds down (since 1-14-13) which is keeping me motivated. I have also learned to cook with balsamic vinegar, Mrs. Dash and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter---in the squirt bottle only. I have also had one cheat meal a week so that I don't get completely overwhelmed.

I did find myself bloated and uncomfortable yesterday after eating some super bowl food! I couldn't believe how awful I felt, so for me, this is working.

The funny thing about diets is what may work for one may not work for all. So, I hope that everyone finds a plan or other avenues to help you reach your goal!

Tamikl....how long have you been dieting because I would love to be at the weight your are now! Congrats on that!
Hi there! I started MRC in May of 2011. I began Maintenance at 50lbs down in February of 2012 (hit my goal...not MRC goal for me). In January of 2013, I decided to go onto this short-term magical program to lose what I had managed to gain in almost a year Maintenance has been a bit overwhelming for me..I did great the first 6 months of it, but after that, not so much. I gained around 7-8 lbs overall...My plan going forward this time is more structure for sure. I did well on specific "menus." But once they just told me my daily calorie amount in order to maintain my loss, the freedom was overwhelming for me. Soo..that is my story! I primarily engage in the "MRC maintainer" discussion board, but was interested when I saw this one, as it pertains to my journey right now. Sometimes I feel like I am "white knuckling" this program, and relying on sheer willpower...which does eventually run out! Feeling deprived never ends in a good result for me

Last edited by Tamikl; 02-04-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote