Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #1  
wpr

Default I need to get out of this body!

I've put my life on hold because I can no longer get along with myself. In a last ditch effort to make myself worthy of myself, I hit the gym, hard. I've lost 50 lb in 5 months which is something I'm proud of but not necessarily happy about. I want more, I need more, I can't celebrate 50 lb when I have 50 more to go. Sometimes I fear enough will not be enough, I fear I'll always remain lost. Have any of you reached a goal and still felt unaffected? Do any of you fear this happening to you once you reach your destination?
wpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #2  
Warrior Princess

50p in 5 months is a lot! You're halfway there, why not celebrate?
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I agree with novangel, 50 lbs in 5 months is a ton. I'd be celebrating that. I'm going to be lucky to hit half of that. You just have to remember it took a long time to gain those 100 pounds so it's going to take some time to lose them.

I'm the opposite of you though, for me I set a ton of goals, every 2.5%, I've only hit 3 so far but am so excited each time. It doesn't get me down at all, it's a great reminder that I'm headed in the right direction and one day I WILL hit that final goal and you will too
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

You only have one body, and nobody ever hated themselves to health. Give yourself a break and be realistic - YES, you still have a ways to go. But the remaining distance does nothing to diminish the importance of the road already traveled. Quite frankly, if you never lost another pound but kept off those 50 you'd be doing an incredible and laudable feat that few dieters ever manage.

Consistence, determination, and a willingness to never get frustrated to the point of quitting are what is required to not only lose the weight but keep it off.

Self loathing, crash diets, or alternating between either diet perfection or complete abandon are NOT the recipe for success.

I say this because your upset and inability to celebrate a huge achievement like losing 50 pounds throws up a big red flag in my mind. If you never lose the last 10 pounds, will you become so disgusted with yourself that you regain the other 90? If all you can manage for six months is another three pounds lost will that be failure in your mind? Keep it in perspective - losing is incredible, simply not GAINING is as good or better, given that most people are putting on extra weight every year. Losing weight is important, but please don't pin your self image and definition of success on a number. That way lies regain and self loathing for far too many of us.

Your success hinges not on losing that other 50, but on permanently redefining how you look at food and your own body. If those things don't change permanently and for the better, what does the weight lost matter? Most people can lose weight, few can do it and keep it off, and the difference between them is often as simple as who is most patient, forgiving, and determined with their bodies and choices.

Which one do you want to be? The choice is yours, and it all begins with the proper mindset.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 01-30-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
You only have one body, and nobody ever hated themselves to health.
WOW! That is something I really needed to hear! Thank you!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #6  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Sounds like u are an all or nothing kinda person. Who knows maybe at goal u will be satisfied, maybe not, there is fear in the unknown!

Are u losing weight because u don't like the person that stares back at u in the mirror, again chances r at goal u may still not.
I worry about what my goal will feel like, or what I will obsess about after. Hmm 50 lbs is a huge amount to have lost, I am happy for u wish u could be too.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #7  
Formerly LittleMoonRabbit

S/C/G: 167/maintenance/120

Height: 5'2"

I was overweight my entire life. Every time I would try to lose weight out of hatred for myself, I failed. It was only when I was able to shift my thinking and learn to be healthy for love of myself that I was finally able to do it.

You have accomplished SO much! 50 lbs in 5 months is incredible. Celebrate it, be proud of yourself, and enjoy the journey. Maintaining is honestly just more of the same, so you should get used to the idea that this is your lifestyle forever - hopefully that idea helps to take some of the pressure off that the weight needs to come off RIGHT NOW.

Congrats on what you have done!
PlayingForKeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
You only have one body, and nobody ever hated themselves to health. Give yourself a break and be realistic - YES, you still have a ways to go. But the remaining distance does nothing to diminish the importance of the road already traveled. Quite frankly, if you never lost another pound but kept off those 50 you'd be doing an incredible and laudable feat that few dieters ever manage.

Consistence, determination, and a willingness to never get frustrated to the point of quitting are what is required to not only lose the weight but keep it off.

Self loathing, crash diets, or alternating between either diet perfection or complete abandon are NOT the recipe for success.

I say this because your upset and inability to celebrate a huge achievement like losing 50 pounds throws up a big red flag in my mind. If you never lose the last 10 pounds, will you become so disgusted with yourself that you regain the other 90? If all you can manage for six months is another three pounds lost will that be failure in your mind? Keep it in perspective - losing is incredible, simply not GAINING is as good or better, given that most people are putting on extra weight every year. Losing weight is important, but please don't pin your self image and definition of success on a number. That way lies regain and self loathing for far too many of us.

Your success hinges not on losing that other 50, but on permanently redefining how you look at food and your own body. If those things don't change permanently and for the better, what does the weight lost matter? Most people can lose weight, few can do it and keep it off, and the difference between them is often as simple as who is most patient, forgiving, and determined with their bodies and choices.

Which one do you want to be? The choice is yours, and it all begins with the proper mindset.
This is one of the best posts I have ever read. Bravo!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #9  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
This is one of the best posts I have ever read. Bravo!
^^^ THIS. You took the words right out of my head.

Bookmarking this page! I will read and re-read it many times!
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Blogged about this wonderful response Arctic Mama wrote yesterday.

http://melissaslife42.blogspot.com/2...ise-words.html
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #11  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Awe, thanks friends! Occasionally in my sleep deprived, overly hormonal mommy state, something useful slips out

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 02-01-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #12  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

If this was a friend you would be celebrating her weight loss and determination.
You deserve to give yourself recognition of how much you have achieved!
Take pride in what you have accomplished... I understand your desire to reach goal
Just try to enjoy each milestone you make along your journey .
See you at goal,Good Luck,Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote