Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 02:48 PM   #1  

Default Did I blow it or can I correct it?

Went to lunch with my husband ordered correctly, towards the end of my meal it hit me.

I ordered a diet cherry coke. they squirted cherry syrup into my drink. A big no-no.

I wanted to stick my finger down my throat and get it out.

Is this going to set me back alot? Do I start induction over or just forge ahead and hope for only a minor setback?

Does your body burn off the sugar first?

Well I can say it did taste really good, but I have been shaking a lot so I guess that is the sugar running through me.

This is really challenging. I didn't think about it until too late, I guess I need to stick to the basics for now and add the bells and whistles later.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:39 PM   #2  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Jenni - dont dispair! it wont set you back too much. but you may feel a little shaky for a while. You might want to lower your carbs for a couple of days just to help!
Old 09-30-2003, 06:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/260/200

That is the part about Atkins that I don't understand... let say Thanksgiving... I will eat "normally" hopefully I'll fill up on the good stuff, but I will have some pie and ice cream or whatever, I'm not going to worry about my plate on Thanksgiving - so how far back does this set you? A day of eating normally - high fat - high sugar, what does this do to your body? I think I read that it takes 48 hours for your body to be rid of the sugar/glucose supply, so does it set you back two days or more??? Just curious.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Don't consider it a setback. Consider that for the rest of your life, you will have days where you eat very carefully so that you CAN have days when you splurge. It's a lifetime change in eating habits that helps keep the weight off. Are you NEVER again going to have stuffing, pie, or fruit? Not me!! So, for a couple of days after your "binge" you may feel yucky, sluggish, maybe tummy problems, but it will pass. And it will remind you, too, that eating clean is easy when you allow yourself to have goodies now and then!
Old 09-30-2003, 08:44 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Just a little "accident". I wouldn't fret to much about it..just keep plugging away. I don't think this will set you back much, but again it shows that one must be careful when ordering in a restaurant!

Good luck!

Froufy
Old 10-01-2003, 12:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/158.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I have found that when I cheat on this diet that my cravings increase for 2 days. But it does pass and I get back to normal.

We have to think of this as a lifestyle change not just a diet. We are human so we will eat things with more carbs or sugar at times. I do think to that it takes 48 hours to recover. So that is what I think about when I choose to cheat.

Don't beat yourself up. Hey I wouldn't have thought about the cherry either so thanks for the info.

dinki
Old 10-01-2003, 01:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

In terms of body chemistry, I think the Atkins book says it takes 48 hours for your body to run through the glucose and switch to burning fat - I assume the same would apply after having a day with too many carbs where you body has switched back to burning glucose.

I agree that this WOE is for life and in life things happen. They aren't necessarily an "oops", they are just part of life. The important thing is to plan for the event (like Thanksgiving) AND! plan for the day after.
Closed Thread