Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #1  
thinking skinny

S/C/G: 319/275.3/159

Height: 5'7

Default Gym everyday?

So, I'm new to the whole exercise thing but I'm hooked. (I'm exaggerating cause all I've done is the treadmill, elliptical and just TODAY light weight lifting.) but everyone is telling me not to go too hard. 4 days a week but I've so far FELT like going every day. I feel like going BACK to the gym right now. It's giving me amazing energy. I don't feel like I'm pushing too hard or hurting myself. Should I still be taking breaks? or just go as long as I feel good?
yourbffmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175+/113/120

Height: 5'6"

I go everyday that I don't run. I am training for a marathon...off days I'm there! I don't feel right if I don't exercise daily.

Last edited by sisypheanme; 01-29-2013 at 12:08 AM.
sisypheanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 AM   #3  
thinking skinny

S/C/G: 319/275.3/159

Height: 5'7

That sounds like the habit I'm forming & hopefully it sticks
yourbffmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 AM   #4  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

The danger is injury. When I was a bit heavier I started pushing myself too hard and suffered a torn calf muscle. You do NOT want to do that. I ended up re-injuring and then couldn't exercise for ages.

So until your joints get used to it, don't run every day. Every other day is cool. Mix it up a little bit, maybe if your gym has pilates classes - this is great for strengthening your core and other muscles which can help prevent injury.

Personally I don't think I could go to the gym every day, but I do try to exercise every day and then have one 'light' or rest day each week. I run, I go to rugby training, and I go to Bikram yoga one day a week, but I also go to the gym.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 AM   #5  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I don't have a gym membership but I use my elliptical every day. When I use my weights for upper body I do it every other day to let my muscles rest. I kept researching if using the elliptical everyday was fine, everything I pretty much found said it was okay because it doesn't put so much pressure on your joints. When I take a day off I just want to take more off, so it's best I just keep doing it every day.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #6  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

5 days a week max unless as stated above your training for an event. if you feel the need to go perhaps go swimming. a short swim of around 30 mins doing slow long strokes where you really stretch out your body getting length in your spine and hands can really make you feel good.

Then there is also the hot tub sauna etc.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote