Thread: Freezer Meals
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
bethFromDayton
Success breeds success

S/C/G: 230/177/130

Height: 5'2"

I used my George Foreman grill to grill chicken (used a variety of spices on each pair of breast halves). I then froze them. I pull a bag out the night before and then add it to my salad in the morning.

Another useful thing to do with any meat (pork, chicken, steaks) is to buy the meat in bulk, make up different marinades, and then freeze the marinade and meat in a freezer ziploc bag. When you take out the meat to defrost in the fridge, it gets thoroughly marinated and then you can just cook/grill/whatever it.

I make up meatloaves and then freeze them uncooked. I weigh the ingredients so I know how many calories total are in the meatloaf. I take one out the night before to defrost, and then bake it.

Before I started this life change in January, there were other things I did that I intend to continue, but to adjust as appropriate for lower calories.

I use my roaster to make pulled pork, which has fat, but we trim most of it away before pulling it. I freeze them in family meal size quantities, and also in individual servings for DH. I don't add any oil or anything--this is just the meat. BBQ sauce can be added when serving.

I make spaghetti sauce in bulk. I do mean bulk--I use my 20 quart roaster. I haven't figured out how I'm going to do that now and figure calories in it. The same is true of sloppy joes.

If you're someone who needs to make dinner fast, it can be helpful to cook (lean) ground beef and bag and freeze it. That way, you can pull one out of the freezer the night before, and then turn it into something--toppings for potatoes, taco meat, etc.
Mini-goal #10: Down a double nickel!

Lose 5 lbs 1/23/2013 | Lose 10 lbs 2/12/2013 | Under 40 BMI 2/15/2013 | Lose 10% 4/8/2013 |
ONEderland 5/4/2013| Lose 15% 6/7/2013 | Under 35 BMI 7/11/2013 | Lose 20% 9/2/2013 |
Lose 50 lbs 9/25/2013 (11/1/2013) (12/28/2013)
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote