View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
merilung
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 276/264/135

Height: 5'10"

My husband goes to school full time and works full time, so he eats a LOT of his meals out of the house! I pack things like...

- Fresh veggies and fruits! Apples, pears, berries, carrots, sweet potato fries, etc.
- Beef/Bison jerky
- Yogurt (we make our own now, but before that we'd get the BIG tubs of it and pack it ourself in reusable tupperware - cheaper, and better for the environment!) either plain or with frozen berries, honey, or jam
- BIG salads. A typical salad would be a greens mix (we like organic girl super greens or trader joe's power to the greens), sundried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, pumpkin/sunflower seeds, cauliflower or broccoli florets, green onions, boiled eggs, and chicken or salmon
- lettuce wraps - usually not fancy, with roast beef or natural salami and cheese
- cooked sausage or brats or summer sausage and sauerkraut
- home made larabars - sometimes the bought ones, if I'm feeling really lazy - sometimes just dates and nuts in a snack bag if I'm feeling REALLY REALLY lazy.
- plantain chips
- chicken drumsticks
- boiled eggs or egg 'muffins' (eggs baked in a muffin tin - very portable!)
- stuffed bell peppers (ground beef, egg, onion - sometimes other veggies, if I need to use something up)
- portobello mushroom cap 'pizzas' or with eggs baked in them
- homemade grain-free meatballs (usually ground turkey or chicken, sometimes ground pork)
- avocado (I pre-cut it, loosen the pit, but put the pit back in it and then rubber band it together so it doesn't turn brown - put the whole thing in a snack bag and eat with a spoon!)
- guacamole - either homemade portioned into a small tupperware container or in those little snack packs
- meat and vegetable skewers
- coconut or almond flour berry muffins, completely sugar/sweetener free

merilung is offline   Reply With Quote