Old 01-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #1  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default Any Canadians know what is happening to Proteinwell.ca?

Hello everyone,

To my fellow Canadians Ipers, those of you who usually order from proteinwell.ca, does anyone know what is happening with them? I recently placed an order with them, and when I did, most of their bars were on sale, and most of the other items I could not find such as the butterscotch and the vanilla pudding! But today, as I went to their site, I found almost nothing, just some few bars left and that is it! No breakfast items, no soups....

What is so irritating with them is they never ever reply to any question sent by e-mail and there is no phone number to reach them.

So, anyone knows? Are they closing? I guess so.

Are there any other Canadian sites from which we can order?

I have ordered from the past from Nashua but as it is from the US, it comes out much more expensive with the shipping and the duties.

So please if you know of any Canadian site I can use to get my alternative products, please suggest.

Thank you
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/137.2/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Hi Sandra,

Wow, I just went to their site and there's really nothing there!!

I only know of 2 other websites that cater to low card diets:

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/index.php

and

http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/

Good luck!
MelissaM39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #3  

Height: 5"6

Well.ca is my lifesaver!!! They have EVERYTHING and ship Canada-wide!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #4  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
Well.ca is my lifesaver!!! They have EVERYTHING and ship Canada-wide!
Hi,

I buy lots of stuff from well.ca, but I just checked and they don't have any protidiet products.

Can you suggest to me what do you buy as alternatives from well.ca please?
Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #5  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Sure looks like they're closing.... can't see they'd liquidate everything this way for any other reason, and not restock the other products. Darn.

I guess I'll be relying on thelowcarbgrocery.com and lowcarbcanada.com.

And - if you have a Dr. Bernstein's clinic you can go to (or you can order online too at http://store.drbdiet.com/ ) they are a excellent alternative for RTDs, soups, and oatmeals. I used them regularly throughout my dieting process. Some of the bars and shakes would be fine too. Just compare the nutritional values, as I didn't use them and didn't compare them as thoroughly as the RTDs, soups, and oatmeals. I've also been using their potassium supplements.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Wow, I just did a 150.00 order and bought some things to try as they were on sale, however I never questioned the sale at that point - just happy with it. Unfortunately I never ordered enough soup and oatmeal.

Here's hoping I have enough to get me through my reboot. I buy protein shakes for breakfast and detour bars for snack before working out, both from Costco so I really only need a lunch

Too bad though as I relied on them, maybe they are just revamping things??
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #7  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Wow, I just did a 150.00 order and bought some things to try as they were on sale, however I never questioned the sale at that point - just happy with it. Unfortunately I never ordered enough soup and oatmeal.

Here's hoping I have enough to get me through my reboot. I buy protein shakes for breakfast and detour bars for snack before working out, both from Costco so I really only need a lunch

Too bad though as I relied on them, maybe they are just revamping things??
I hope they're just revamping too. As I said above, you can buy soup and oatmeal packets that are practically (if not exactly) identical at Dr. Bernstein's. If there's not a clinic nearby, you can order online at http://store.drbdiet.com/

Last edited by evepet; 01-26-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I have heard several times that Dr B and IP use the same suppliers so their products are very close or actually the same in different packaging. The RTD drinks taste the same to me.

Hopefully proteinwell may be clearing out to move to a new location but it does seem that they may be closing down.

In the fall it seemed that a number of IP clinics in Ontario and Quebec were changing to Protidiet & Protithin products and changing the amounts they charged for the IP products. I hope there wasn't a deal struck to stop selling these products to the general public in Canada.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 01-26-2013 at 02:50 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I hope they're just revamping too. As I said above, you can buy soup and oatmeal packets that are practically (if not exactly) identical at Dr. Bernstein's. If there's not a clinic nearby, you can order online at http://store.drbdiet.com/
I haven't checked them out but the cost of proteinwell was approx 14.00 for 7 packets - much better than ideal protein. I'll take a look at the site you mentioned. Thanks
Old 01-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I have heard several times that Dr B and IP use the same suppliers so their products are very close or actually the same in different packaging. The RTD drinks taste the same to me.

Hopefully proteinwell may be clearing out to move to a new location but it does seem that they may be closing down.

In the fall it seemed that a number of IP clinics in Ontario and Quebec were changing to Protidiet & Protithin products and changing the amounts they charged for the IP products. I hope there wasn't a deal struck to stop selling these products to the genal public in Canada.

Pat
Really? Interesting.... that could explain eliminating the "cheaper" product we rely on
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #11  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
I haven't checked them out but the cost of proteinwell was approx 14.00 for 7 packets - much better than ideal protein. I'll take a look at the site you mentioned. Thanks
Mr. B's is $16/box of 7 packets. Still a lot less expensive than IP.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #12  
My children have paws :)

S/C/G: 212/196/125

Height: 5'3"

What do your order from lowcarbgrocery.com I am overwhelmed with choices?!
Shobey26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobey26 View Post
What do your order from lowcarbgrocery.com I am overwhelmed with choices?!
That was the problem I had at first but Evepet's blog helped a lot. The link is under her posts above,
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #14  
Restarting IP 100%

Hi everyone,

Everybody keeps on mentioning these two sites: www.thelowcarbgrocery.com and www.lowcarbcanada.ca but I looked on both sites and both don't have the protidiet products and I took a look at both sites and not sure what is it exactly I can buy from them!

I found this website: http://www.protifoods.com/ recently but I am a little bit suspicious since the phone number they have on their website is out of service! And after I opened an account, I put stuff in my cart but I could not find any info about shipping to Canada! I did not want to give my credit info before knowing how much it is gonna cost me, so I sent them an e-mail but haven't heard from them since. Anybody has ever ordered from them?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #15  

Just had a look at lowcarb as well as the prices seem awfully high, almost similar to Ideal Protein