Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun January 26/27, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Default Successful night out

Good morning everyone,
I am pleased to report that my first visit to a restaurant since starting ip was great! I asked that the risotto that came with my ahi tuna be replaced with steamed veggies and the chef was very accommodating. My dinner looked even more appetizing than my dh's who had the same thing. We went out with friends that we usually drink a lot of wine with ( counting the bottles in the morning), but last night we had tea together when we got home. I didn't feel deprived. I hope I can stay in this mindset forever! hope you all have a lovely weekend op.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
Good morning everyone,
I am pleased to report that my first visit to a restaurant since starting ip was great! I asked that the risotto that came with my ahi tuna be replaced with steamed veggies and the chef was very accommodating. My dinner looked even more appetizing than my dh's who had the same thing. We went out with friends that we usually drink a lot of wine with ( counting the bottles in the morning), but last night we had tea together when we got home. I didn't feel deprived. I hope I can stay in this mindset forever! hope you all have a lovely weekend op.
You don't have to stay in this mindset forever! Not drinking at all is temporary, although I WILL warn you, my mom who lost around 40 from June-October is STILL not drinking nearly as much as she used to. Now she says she is happy with a half glass of wine or just tasting her husband's. And she could count the bottles with the best of us! She is SOOO happy with her smaller size (she has sent me all of her too big clothes, which I am just now fitting into) that she NEVER wants to go back there.

It's kind of a story. I had decided I was going to start IP when I returned from our summer vacation. We vacation for a month in Northern Michigan to escape the St Louis heat (and last year was a doozy!). When I got to my mom's house (she has a great place on Grand Traverse Bay, why go anywhere else?) SHE was on IP and had been for about a month! Strange!

She is 72 so she didn't lose at the speed IP was claiming at the time but it was STILL faster than anything else she had tried. She was wearing 16s and 18s when she started. She is happily in 10s and 12s now (and I inherited her hips!) I started in tight 24s. I'm now wearing many of Mom's hand-me-downs (our tastes don't always match) and other things I picked up at 2nd-hand stores or saved from my bout with Atkins 10 years ago.

My mom has a MUCH smaller bone structure than I...I can't wear her watches or rings because her wrists and fingers are so tiny. She's also about an inch shorter than me. I think she's 130 or 135 now. I'm thinking I'll start Phase 2 when I get into normal BMI and we'll see where I go from there.

Dinner plans with friends got scratched last nite. Rescheduled for tonite. Celebrating a new US Citizen. After her swearing-in ceremony, she went straight to register to vote.

Wow, this got long. Sorry. Happy Saturday everyone! Yoga complete
Cleaning to commence!

Oh, and for good measure, the wii fit was UNDER 199 today. Monday's WI is looking good! I guess "her elusiveness" liked the name sweetart.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #4  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Good mornign..I woke up and just knew the scale would be my friend today..down two more pounds! Then two out of my three kids were invited to play dates and my mom is taking the third to get some errands done..so suddenly DH and I have a whole afternoon alone together! We will probably go shopping for veggies, romantic huh..but it is some much needed time just together!
Have a great OP weekend everyone!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #5  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning! Just stopping by to check in! I've done Bikram yoga two days in a row...I'm actually surprised at how sore I am! I've done it before and never felt this sore but then again I spose not being able to do my bootcamp and kickboxing classes has had an effect. It's nice to be moving again. I hope it doesn't slow down my weight loss...

I bought IP pancake mix but I've tried it twice and I can't get them to come out well at all. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or my expectations are too high. LOL I just tried to search the boards for recipes using the pancake mix but all I found was recipes for pancakes using the crispy cereal. Does anyone have any ideas to use up these packs?

Off to BonTon to buy $100 of stuff for $50! Love coupons!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #6  

Well the weekend is here and I'm motivated to keep moving so that I don't feel the urge to snack. Great during the week and can't wait for the weekend but if I have time to sit around that is when I think of snacking with my daughter. I'm going to go grocery shopping today and get some fresh veggies and have them around for when I get the urge. Have a great weekend!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223 LBS my goal is 140 LBS

Default 1st week lost 11lbs

Girls i am so happy I lost 11 lbs of my 66 goal
Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #8  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca46200 View Post
Girls i am so happy I lost 11 lbs of my 66 goal
Good for you, Becca!!!

Last edited by mrskuby; 01-26-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223 LBS my goal is 140 LBS

Thank you!! MrsKuby I so happy to be on this forum
Old 01-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/268/150

Height: 5'6

Default I feel like cleaning!

I've been on IP for 3 weeks now - lost 18 lbs...and I...wait for it...feel like cleaning!! I'm thinking of rearranging cabinets, washing all blankets in the house - WHAT??!!

Thanks IP...not sure if that is sarcastic or not...but just the thought of doing most of these things is new!! Welcome back energy!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Lisa...Love your new picture
Old 01-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #12  

It's so nice to be able to bend over and tie my shoes without holding my breath because my gut wouldn't allow my lungs to function.....It's the small things like that I'm IP grateful
Old 01-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #13  

Default Nashua Products

I just got my first shipment of Nashua Products in. I ordered:
Proti-Thin Snack - Chili & Lime Soy
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Smooth Caramel & Peanut
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - Chipotle
Syntrax - Nectar Grab N Go - Caribbean Cooler
Syntrax - Nectar Grab N Go - Double Stuffed Cookie
Weight Loss Systems Pudding - Creamy Cheesecake

Can't wait to try these bad boys. I think I'm going to try to use the Double Stuffed Cookie to make the "Mug Cake" that Rainbow posted - Along with the Chocolate version just in case. I'll let you know how it turns out...
Old 01-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Lisa - Awesome new profile picture! You look beautiful!

A1Texan - Awesome NSV!

Feeling skinny and happy today! For all you newbies out there, stick with it! It is SO worth it
Old 01-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #15  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone! This is day 2 of my bootcamp and im sooooo hungry!! but im trucking along
Closed Thread